Pontiac GTO Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I finally Pontiac GTO today....a 2006....I'm so F'n excited!!! Although it is a different generation of the small block than in my 04 GMC Sierra Denali, I think it is really cool that I have another 6.0L in the car hole (as Homer Simpson would call it).

I got it with the "Red Tag" sale, which was around $500 above invoice, so I gladly paid it (because it just came out) and peeled out of the lot. Well, I didn't exactly peel out of the lot.... It had 7 miles on it when I took it around the block to make sure that nothing was obviously messed up and I'm so glad some other punk didn't have a chance to....you know. I'm taking it easy until I get 500 or so miles on it to break it in properly, and then I'm going to leave rubber all over the county!!!

·
Registered
344 Posts
RedRacer said:
I finally Pontiac GTO today....a 2006....I'm so F'n excited!!! Although it is a different generation of the small block than in my 04 GMC Sierra Denali, I think it is really cool that I have another 6.0L in the car hole (as Homer Simpson would call it).

I got it with the "Red Tag" sale, which was around $500 above invoice, so I gladly paid it (because it just came out) and peeled out of the lot. Well, I didn't exactly peel out of the lot.... It had 7 miles on it when I took it around the block to make sure that nothing was obviously messed up and I'm so glad some other punk didn't have a chance to....you know. I'm taking it easy until I get 500 or so miles on it to break it in properly, and then I'm going to leave rubber all over the county!!!
Congratulation but you gota give us more than that. Color Auto or 6sp Interior Color 17” or 18”? Most important does your car have the Door Lock/Unlock Switch in Console?
That sounds like good deal I can’t find 06 around here (Tampa bay area). Best deal on 05 Impulse Blue Auto Blue Int. 17’ around 30K and that ain’t low enough for second GTO for me anyway.

G

·
I always break my cars in by driving them hard! ALWAYS! Usually I do a nice smoky burnout leaving the dealership. Its a little trademark of mine......

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
Congratulations on the new car. Color.....transmission....come on man. don't leave us hanging.

Holden - Quick ride to jacksonville and you can see two of em. LOL!!!!

The 06's are nice. I sold one last night to a 23 year old. His first HP car. He drove an Avenger before this. Man oh man what a change for him. He was looking at the 05's but after I told him the benefits of the 06 and only at a 2000 more expensive version he decided to take my Cyclone Gray on home.

The lock and unlock button is really convenient. I know it sounds stupid, but I kinda want to trade because of that one thing.

·
Registered
344 Posts
dealernut said:
Congratulations on the new car. Color.....transmission....come on man. don't leave us hanging.

Holden - Quick ride to jacksonville and you can see two of em. LOL!!!!

The 06's are nice. I sold one last night to a 23 year old. His first HP car. He drove an Avenger before this. Man oh man what a change for him. He was looking at the 05's but after I told him the benefits of the 06 and only at a 2000 more expensive version he decided to take my Cyclone Gray on home.

The lock and unlock button is really convenient. I know it sounds stupid, but I kinda want to trade because of that one thing.
I need to trade 05 PT Cruiser Limited 1200mi on Impulse Blue Auto Blue Int.

·
Premium Member
2,626 Posts
RedRacer said:

are u saying u have an 06

·
Premium Member
2,640 Posts
RedRacer said:

Congrats and welcome :cheers

·
Registered
454 Posts
so what was the final RED TAG price?
A dealer near me offered me an 06(although he said it is 2 weeks out) today for $31,100 6 spd black on red
Too bad I ordered one.........

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Holden posted:
Congratulation but you gota give us more than that. Color Auto or 6sp Interior Color 17” or 18”? Most important does your car have the Door Lock/Unlock Switch in Console?
Impluse blue, Auto, 17", and yes it has the console mounted door lock/unlock
Ideally, I wanted the blue interior, but I couldn't pass up the deal.
And the stock wheels will be changed out for 18"ers with summer only tires soon. The stock 17"ers will be powded coated black to run in the winter months or when the tires of the 18"ers need replacing.

EZ GOAT posted:
are u saying u have an 06
Yep.

6QTS11OZ posted:
Congrats and welcome
Thanks! And by the welcome, I'm assuming that you're welcoming me to the GTO family and not to gtoforum.com ....because I've been here a while. I don't post a lot, but I read quite a bit.

And on the break-in business... I'm breaking it in somewhere in the middle of what the manufacturer recomends and what Xman posted. I just hit 200 miles. I haven't shoved the pedal all the way to the floor yet or gone past 5000 rpm, but I've given it a few kinda-hard launches. I've also let it slow from 80 mph to 30 or so without braking.

G

·
Geeze ... that nice to know ..."easy break-ins" ... but I dont think I need to worry about it .. all the guys at my dealership was having fun pounding the crud out of it on test drives... and ever since ive bought the car .. I havent had any complaints ... :willy: :party:

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.