Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
910 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Dropped my car off Thursday to have the Monaro calipers put on...(didnt want to deal with it). Took them 2 days to do it and when I picked it up the brake pedal went to the floor.....WTF!!! Went inside and let them have it with both barrels. Told them not only did a 2 hour job take 2 days but they were attempting to deliver a car to a customer with an insufficient brake pedal. Went up one side of them and down the other, unrelenting in letting them know I was PISSED...!
I then told them I wanted half the paid bill back as I would have to take care of it myself now, (which is what I should have did to begin with).
They gave me a free pass on the 6000 mile service, which is essentially an oil change and some other BS that an uneducated consumer would think is vital maintanance. Anyway I took the offer, in writing of course, and put the car on the lift at the shop and with the help of Junior SS I bled the brakes to achieve the pedal height that I had when I dropped it off.
Perfect example of poor Quality Control

·
Registered
40 Posts
I am begining to wonder if these so called "GM Techs" have any mechanical experience before being hired? Or if GM or Pontiac checks for past experience?

·
Registered
89 Posts
MaximumPwr said:
I am begining to wonder if these so called "GM Techs" have any mechanical experience before being hired? Or if GM or Pontiac checks for past experience?
Mostly no.......they are just part changers. I took mine in 3 times to have the differential worked on. I think they finely made a mechanic read the book or something because they fixed it and oh they were so happy!

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
pitiful.

GM is noted for soft brakes; they brakes on your car probably felt like all the other GM vehicles they deal with, so they thought it was normal!

·
Registered
439 Posts
noz34me said:
pitiful.

GM is noted for soft brakes; they brakes on your car probably felt like all the other GM vehicles they deal with, so they thought it was normal!
I've never had a GM vehicle with a brake pedal that would go ALL the way down.

·
Registered
224 Posts
I hate to here these stories Esp. when I have to make a trip in Tuesday to get a piece of molding installed the factory left off (B Pillar). The Tech told me he would have to pull the quarter window and some interior panels:willy:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts