Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i'm working with redline motorsports on the turbo setup. the one thing i haven't figured out is how to route the exhaust. because it's a single turbo i'll only have a single exit. right now the plan is to run a single 3.5" all the way back and exit in the stock location. i'm debating on whether to split it with dual exit or even a center exit in the rhys millen rear bumper?
what do you guys think? also looking into what muffler and cat will work best with the turbo. i appreaciate the help

B

·
0 Posts
my opinion would be to keep a single, large diameter pipe. Turbos like to breathe.

·
Registered
3,541 Posts
It would be really cool to exit center of the car, a lot of the SRT4 guys are using the spiral flow mufflers from, I think, flow pro..... they quite the car down and still flow very well, as for the cats I would use Random Technologies.

B

·
0 Posts
YES! Random Tech cats are the best in the business !!! Little pricey, but not too bad.

D

·
0 Posts
im a big fan and have even seen borlas x series on turbo camaro sound really good have borla on pickup no cab res and seen and been in a 8 sec pro srteet 67 nova with borlas sounds bad ass but as said in other topic everybodies intitaled to there own opinion.....

D

·
0 Posts
dont know much about gas & turbo's but on diesel the cooler the exhaust temps the more horsepower or fuel you can put to it is gas the same way?

D

·
0 Posts
while we are learning how come a stock diesel can take 30+psi of boost and a heavily modded gas 20+

1 - 14 of 14 Posts