Pontiac GTO Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello All,

I just picked up my new 06 goat about 2 weeks ago. Black on Black 6 spd. The break in period is tortuous. Considering I live on Long Island, my goat is probably going to be running hard everyday. There is a lot of competition on this congested island. I’m going to be dealing with greasy hair, gold chain wearing mustang owners. Then there’s the nose in the air jerk offs in their beamers, and the wannabe ghetto gangsters in their modified ricers.

I hope to share numerous conquests with everyone. If not, I will be humbly seeking some advice on some mods.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Hey Dirk. Welcome! Its no different here in Westchester County, NY. Just yesterday this fool in a Lexus IS300 thinks he is all that and tries to "race" me on I-95 in D-Bronx. Not to fall for his comedy I go 55-60 mph 3 miles or so to the tolls in New Rochelle, all the while with him next to me gassing it forward, then falling back and so on. Well he follows me thru the ez pass lane, I wait for him to get on my bumper.......then...................bye bye Lexus. 1st, 2nd, 3rd gear to almost redline and he is regretting that he is Growing up Gotti!!!!!:seeya:

·
Registered
57 Posts
Hey guys, i just bought a new '06 GTO less than two weeks ago, Black with red interior. And now just a few days ago, my front stabilizer link went out. Theres nothing tougher than buying a new sports car, and not being able to drive it. I miss my GOAT!!!

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
To Dirk,

Since you have all that in town driving, I am sure you will be going through the gears quite abit. When you get 1,000 miles on her, switch your tramsmission fluid to synthetic. The car shifts quicker and smoother. I use Royal Purple.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thank you for the welcome gentleman.

XV Scott, excellent job on the roasting of the Lexus IS 300. Someone who owns that car would likely be considered an auto enthusiast. Therefore, I am confused as to what this guy was thinking. His car is pushing around 210 ponies? Huh? You wanna go with a GTO. What a moron.

SANDUOO2, thanks for the advice. I’ve heard good things about Royal Purple. Perhaps the throw from second to third won't take so long.

Ridgegoat, I live in Smithtown. Not too far from the infamous Deer Park Ave.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.