Pontiac GTO Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys. Bought my 05 Midnight Blue M6 GTO in late April and am totally in love with it, like most of you. This has to be the only time in my life where I actually have a big grin every morning when getting ready for work! I also volunteer at least 3 times a week now to go get lunch for my shop just so I can drive my Goat a bit more. I've got a couple of questions for you guys.

I've read some various wax threads, but they didn't really cover minor scratch removal. You see, here in Alaska, as you can imagine, the dealerships constantly have to brush snow off of the cars in the winter. This has resulted in thousands scratch marks in the clear coat over the entire body. Will any decent wax get those out, or do you need one of those gimmicky color restorer waxes? I ask because I haven't waxed or washed a car in probably 5 years now. I've owned various beater cars for a long time because I hate car payments.

Next... anyone here from Alaska? I've tried googling for places to dyno my Goat and can't find anything. I'm getting close to having 1000 miles on it and would like a baseline before I start doing some minor mods. No hurry though, I probably won't do a single mod until the car is paid off in 2-3 years. I did find a 1/4 mile track close to here though... Might have to try my hand at this drag racing thing. However, I think I would have the track owner announce over the speakers that "The driver of the GTO has never done any type of racing before, so when all of you Mustang's and ricers beat him, don't get a big head. The GTO driver sucks. Not the GTO!"

Anyway, great to be here with you fine folks and great to be a GTO owner. Especially now that I've got my first minor ding over with. Woman rear ended me in a parking lot then ran. I was so stunned that this had happened not 1 month after I got it, that by the time I thought to get a license plate or chase her down she was long gone. Probably the same woman who tried 3 different credit cards at the check-out counter before finding one that worked... :mad:

·
Registered
358 Posts
Cograts on the new GTO!! :cheers I can imagine how hard it must be to keep a car clean in Alaska! For very fine scratches I used a scratch remover from Blue Corral. It did a pretty good job. Watch out for those women drivers! Just kidding Lisa( if you read this ). Enjoy you new goat. :cheers

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.