Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
944 Posts
I have yet to see a G8 on the road with a woman driving. You two guys know you just said it was for her so you could get it.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I'd love to hear the compare/contrast of these two cars...
Bill
Well heres my quick take on them:
The G8 has alot more trunk space which is nice,a nice solid feel on the road (about like the GTO).
It makes good power but seems more smooth in its delivery (maybe because of the 6 spd and how quiet it is). It could definatley use a Tune though (Tq management is terrible on the shifts and the trans shifting is soft).

Nice!
Do you daily drive the GTO?
Yes I do--I put Blizzacks on it this winter and it did OK--although I didnt even have to drive it alot in the snow.

I have yet to see a G8 on the road with a woman driving. You two guys know you just said it was for her so you could get it.
Yeah--I havent seen many G8's around here --period. So maybe she'll be the first woman daily driving it 10 miles each way to work everyday. She is sad to see her previous car go though. SHe loved it--2007 Saturn Aura XR. It was loaded with the 3.6/6 spd auto.

·
Premium Member
4,162 Posts
Your not looking hard enough;) My wife DD her G8, there is a lady in LA that DD her G8 and there is another lady on base that DD her white G8. I allready have my toy/DD, and she wanted the G8 when she saw one in person. If I were to buy a G8 for me it would be the GXP.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Your not looking hard enough;) My wife DD her G8, there is a lady in LA that DD her G8 and there is another lady on base that DD her white G8. I allready have my toy/DD, and she wanted the G8 when she saw one in person. If I were to buy a G8 for me it would be the GXP.
Yeah as much as I want to start modding it she wants it left alone. Which I guess is ok for me--more $$$ for the GTO!

·
Premium Member
4,162 Posts
Yeah as much as I want to start modding it she wants it left alone. Which I guess is ok for me--more $$$ for the GTO!
Not mine she has the mod bug too but not as bad as me. She wanted HID head and fog lights. So I got her the headlights, she still wants the fogs. Since her car is the base she wants the GT tail lights. Also she wants me to put a sub-woofer in it, so I got to build a custom box. After that comes replacing all the speakers. She also wants her exhaust louder, I'm trying to talk her out of that because I don't think V6's sound good with loud exhaust, but she likes the sound of it.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Not mine she has the mod bug too but not as bad as me. She wanted HID head and fog lights. So I got her the headlights, she still wants the fogs. Since her car is the base she wants the GT tail lights. Also she wants me to put a sub-woofer in it, so I got to build a custom box. After that comes replacing all the speakers. She also wants her exhaust louder, I'm trying to talk her out of that because I don't think V6's sound good with loud exhaust, but she likes the sound of it.
Shes really asking for alot isnt she?? :lol: Nothing wong with that though. Hers is a GT-- #655 of 888 and so far all she wants is for the windows to get tinted.

·
Premium Member
4,162 Posts
Shes really asking for alot isnt she?? :lol: Nothing wong with that though. Hers is a GT-- #655 of 888 and so far all she wants is for the windows to get tinted.
Window tinting is important. That was the first thing we done to the car before it had plates. If it was me I would have went darker but she was scared that she might back into something and also Kalifornia law don't want you to block more than 70% of the light on the front two windows, something like that:rolleyes:

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Window tinting is important. That was the first thing we done to the car before it had plates. If it was me I would have went darker but she was scared that she might back into something and also Kalifornia law don't want you to block more than 70% of the light on the front two windows, something like that:rolleyes:
Yeah Im not sure how dark we will go--probably 20% or something like that.
I love this pic--just wish her eyes were open. lol

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
A GXP would have been nice--but for the price of a GT with a cam and headers--I'd still be money ahead.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts