Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3,445 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think this is probably the 30th time I've written that header.

The Camaro is gone. I got an offer of 6500 and sold it.

Anybody that has an F-body or a 99-2002 V8 powered GM I have a Diablosport Predator that will work for it.

I'm thinking of adding the money I got from the Camaro to the Hyundai and buying a Cobalt SS as my DD.

Still have the Vette. Still have the Hyundai. Still have the Jet -Ski.

·
Registered
738 Posts
I think this is probably the 30th time I've written that header.

The Camaro is gone. I got an offer of 6500 and sold it.

Anybody that has an F-body or a 99-2002 V8 powered GM I have a Diablosport Predator that will work for it.

I'm thinking of adding the money I got from the Camaro to the Hyundai (Have you lost it?? that money goes there>>>>) and buying a Cobalt SS as my DD.
Still have the Vette. Still have the Hyundai. Still have the Jet -Ski.
BTW A twincharged Cobalt will be fatser than the vette in a straight line :p

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
You ll love the balt as a dd if you do get it. i have a redline as a dd and cant think of a car id rather have as a dd. small, light, 4 doors, plenty of leg room, huge trunk(unlike the balt) great gas mileage(once you get rid of the stock super rich tune) cheap and easy to maintain, reliable, quick and nimble, inconspicuous and responds great to mods.

·
Registered
3,445 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I think it's going to take a lot to get a Cobalt SS into the 11's. With just a vararam intake and DR's the C5 Z06 will run deep into the 11's. Cranking the boost to the levels you need to do that on the Cobalt may not be possible with a stock turbo. If it is you need to wonder if the internals will survive. On top of that it's still a Cobalt.

As a DD they are great cars. Fun and surprisingly quick, Mustang GT quick with a few little mods. A C5 Z06 is just a whole bunch more car.

·
Super Moderator
2,640 Posts
What's the point of this post? :rolleyes: Do you really think that someone who owns a C5 Z06 cares about that? Seriously! If it will be faster than a C5 Z06 in a straight line it will also be faster than a GTO. Does that change the fact that you like your GTO? I doubt it. See my point?

·
Registered
738 Posts
WOAH... Slow you horses!! And i meant a stock Vette NON ZO6 And i was just saying I mean look at the specs Twin Charged Cobalt should net around 400h.p. to the wheels I've seen as high as 460 but usually 400-430 then combine that with a curb weight of 3000lbs and boom.

I was really just saying it was very capable car,(and notice how i said straight line ;) ) didn't you guys ever see this commercial :p

Also 11 sec cobalt

·
Banned
2,777 Posts
For how much it would cost to build a Cobalt that could post those numbers consistently and not break parts, plus the price of the Cobalt itself, you might as well buy the Vette. :willy:

Though if I were to do a project like that, I'd go back to the J-body platform and use a Sunbird. :D Talk about sleeper...

·
Registered
3,445 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
That the cobalt is a fun car and has potential and that the op should be happy, Do you really hate the cobalt or something?
I think you are missing the whole picture.

I sold my 02 Z28. I have a 2009 Hyundai ****** and a 2002 C5 Z06 Vette. The ****** is a boring DD, easily the most boring car I've ever owned. I said I'm thinking of buying a Cobalt SS to replace the ******. Coby SS's are fun cars. Definately better handling than a C5 Vette, but not a C5 Z06. Stock they are Mustang GT quick and very reliable.

It sounds like you are saying I should get rid of a Vette that is a high 11's car for a Cobalt and put a twincharge on it. Not my plans at all. I could, for the money I'd spend building an engine and car that will survive a short time on 28psi boost and run mid 11's, build the C5 Z06 to run 9's.

I don't think anyone here hates the Cobalt. It just doesn't make sense to dump an extremely low mileage, perfect C5 Z06 for a Coby SS which is what it sounds like you are advocating.

:cheers

·
Registered
738 Posts
For how much it would cost to build a Cobalt that could post those numbers consistently and not break parts, plus the price of the Cobalt itself, you might as well buy the Vette. :willy:

Though if I were to do a project like that, I'd go back to the J-body platform and use a Sunbird. :D Talk about sleeper...
If we are going to do a ponatic it would have to be an solstice..... I'm sorry it's jusr Right rear drive

1 - 12 of 12 Posts