Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Came across this ad and I remember it when it came out. I didnt get into cars until high school and that was right around when the B-Body Impala/Roasmaster/Caprices came out. More specifically the Impala SS. It is the one that got me started and interested in cars and I wanted one soo bad. I looked for one with low miles but unfortunately the dealer by me (and most others at the time) wanted $18K for a 96 with 20K miles. I settled on a poor mans Impala, a 95 Caprice 9C1 LT1. 60K miles for $4,000. Everything but the wheels, leather and paint. Plus it had a sweet working spotlight which got a good amout of use when I wanted to spook somebody :rofl:

I went through 3 Caprices and when I finally blew a head gasket on my 96 I wanted something I didnt have to keep POURING money into. Also getting smoked by new Mustang GT's MIGHT'VE fueled this as well. :shutme I have been in love with Corvettes too and wouldve loved a C5 Z06, but I had to keep things halfway practical so with a little down payment and some financing (and lots of searching) I found my GTO and love it to death.

Any other B-body fans on here?

:seeya:

·
Premium Member
4,162 Posts
Me, Me. I still would love to have a 94 - 96 Impala SS. Still my favorite modern Chevy car. I almost bought one I test drove it, had this shimy going over bumps kinda a sign it had been in an accedent or something was wrong with the suspension. The guy offerd to take $500 off because of it, I said no thanks.

I rarely see Roadmasters. Maybe the fastest station wagon until the Magnum came out.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah its hard to find one in good shape now. The biggest gripe I have with the LT1 design is that the waterpump has to be removed to access the distributor. This also means that when your water pump goes, it leaks all over the optispark... beast of a motor though, I drove it hard up to 140K miles with no major engine problems (until the head gasket)

I see a few Roadmasters around here but theyre always beat up and rusted out.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Me, Me. I still would love to have a 94 - 96 Impala SS. Still my favorite modern Chevy car. I almost bought one I test drove it, had this shimy going over bumps kinda a sign it had been in an accedent or something was wrong with the suspension. The guy offerd to take $500 off because of it, I said no thanks.

I rarely see Roadmasters. Maybe the fastest station wagon until the Magnum came out.
American yes but that Audi RS4/RS6 wagon is REAL quick.

·
Registered
3,376 Posts
I always loved and wanted an Impalla SS, they are an icon cool car! Now there all getting 26" rims, bubble tops. My Sister and Brother in law were looking for ANOTHER car for their stable and wanted a '10 Camaro, but he has a 06 Supercharged Roush Mustang. I told him to get a new G8, as it is the last Pontiac muscle car, similar but better than the Imp SS, and he did! Can't wait to see it and maybe drive it end of June when I go home. G8's would be a good investment car if they hold there value like the SS did.

·
Premium Member
4,162 Posts
American yes but that Audi RS4/RS6 wagon is REAL quick.
Ehh, I can't consider an Audi a station wagon, I think it would fit inside a Roadmaster:D My friend has a RS4 and its ok but not that quick, they need mods.
I always loved and wanted an Impalla SS, they are an icon cool car! Now there all getting 26" rims, bubble tops. My Sister and Brother in law were looking for ANOTHER car for their stable and wanted a '10 Camaro, but he has a 06 Supercharged Roush Mustang. I told him to get a new G8, as it is the last Pontiac muscle car, similar but better than the Imp SS, and he did! Can't wait to see it and maybe drive it end of June when I go home. G8's would be a good investment car if they hold there value like the SS did.
GM just can't keep a good RWD car anymore. The Imp SS lasted three years, then the G8 lasted two years, what the hell. Not counting the Caprice:rolleyes: The G8 GT is a nice car I drove one and a V6. I end up buying the V6 for the wife. Its still a nice car.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
my buddy at work has a dark cherry ss. its a nice car. seats are comfy just cant stay in them well
True, like a Lazy Boy. Comfy but there is 0 lateral support.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts