Pontiac GTO Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've always been a fan of the Chevy Camaro's, and was very dissapointed when they decided to discontinue it. But now, it seems like they might be bringing it back. Looks like Chevy is finally going to get in the game with a moderately priced muscle car.

Here's a few pix of several concept ideas:

http://www.arkansascamaro.com/2007camaro.html

:cool

Chevy is expected to reveal the real concept Camaro/Chevelle at the Detroit Auto Show later this month. Also, Dodge is re-doing the Challenger, which also looks really cool.
:D

·
Registered
103 Posts
Some of those designs look good. I won't be going to the Detroit show, but I will be at the Chicago show. Hopefully they will have the final concept there....

·
Registered
305 Posts
Did anyone read the whole article?

Not going to let the Camaro chase the Cobra? I'm sorry, but I am of the mind that nearly, or at, 100 grand for a Z06 is a little pricey in order to beat down the Ford attempts. I guarantee that the Shelby GT500 is not going to be a $90K vehicle.

If they want to call the "top-end" an SS than dammit put more than the same LS2 400 hp engine in it. The power's got to at least hit 450 for me to come out my goat for it.

Don't get me wrong, the design looks sick but I need POWER. Oh yeah, and some wider tires to get it to the ground

·
Registered
498 Posts
MeanGoat said:
Did anyone read the whole article?

Not going to let the Camaro chase the Cobra? I'm sorry, but I am of the mind that nearly, or at, 100 grand for a Z06 is a little pricey in order to beat down the Ford attempts. I guarantee that the Shelby GT500 is not going to be a $90K vehicle.

If they want to call the "top-end" an SS than dammit put more than the same LS2 400 hp engine in it. The power's got to at least hit 450 for me to come out my goat for it.

Don't get me wrong, the design looks sick but I need POWER. Oh yeah, and some wider tires to get it to the ground

$66k for a new Z06. A lot of money? Sure. But the Z06 hangs with or blows away cars that are hundreds of thousands more than it is.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I like the curvaceous body on the orange model. However, I would like to see them tone down on the retro with the front and rear fascia. And for the love of god, please do NOT go with a retro interior! I do appreciate carrying historical features in the body of the car (like a C6 Corvette), but I want a high quality, comfortable, and modern interior. An interior on par with the GTO would be appreciated (and would be easier to sell).

A retro option would be nice (e.g. Charger Daytona) with pin stripes (very classic Camaro look) and perhaps bolt-on fascia replacements.

I'm curious to see how they'll dole out power. Will they match the GTO (ala Firebird vs Camaro)? How will it fare against Mustang? Will it be a poor man's Corvette? They have a product positioning challenge here.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
It looks really good, but I'm not too happy about the front grille. I do love the retro exterior look, but will have to agree that the interior has to at least come close to that of our Goats. Maybe a better stereo too. But I am definitely sold on it. This will most likely be my second muscle car. Cause my Goat is staying with me for a very long time.:cool

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.