Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey. It's time to change something, and since it's time for some new rubber I'm wanting to get my wheels powdercoated/painted...All I seem to find is black/dark gray but I want to see something different...post up pics,please!

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I was kinda thinking something along the lines of dark titanium or a light anthracite but can't seem to find any pics...the black, chrome, silver just doesn't really stand out very much in my opinion...I'm thinking I'm probably just gonna go flat black..

·
Registered
159 Posts
Hey. It's time to change something, and since it's time for some new rubber I'm wanting to get my wheels powdercoated/painted...All I seem to find is black/dark gray but I want to see something different...post up pics,please!
You may also want to consider that certain places only do basic color powder coating and when you want a different color like yellows, red or anything beyond black and white you generally have to wait till there is a large order. Some smaller places tend to not fire up the whole process for just 4 rims. Check with your local PC:cheers

·
Registered
3,765 Posts
I know a local shop that will do any color for any part any anytime. They do great work. I think 17" wheels start around $75 each. Most shops I looked at were aroudn that ball park price too.

As far as color, PC can do anything from a flat color to what looks like chrome. A buddy of mine's STi had a purple chrome that looked great with his black car. Personally, I like the idea of black chrome on the GTO... especially if you get your exhaust tips to match and black the rest of the car out.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i ended up deciding on a 20% gloss black, basically a satin finish...local powdercoater's doin it for $65/wheel...still not sure about it but I couldn't find another color that I though would look alright. Besides, you can't go wrong with basic black.

·
Registered
2 Posts
i ended up deciding on a 20% gloss black, basically a satin finish...local powdercoater's doin it for $65/wheel...still not sure about it but I couldn't find another color that I though would look alright. Besides, you can't go wrong with basic black.
got any pics? this is something that i am interested in, thanks.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts