Pontiac GTO Forum banner

Any Hub Cap Lovers Out There?

4K views 20 replies 11 participants last post by  GTOJUNIOR 
#1 ·
I know it will be quite a while before I need wheels for my 67 build, but I saw wooftfd 's photo of his 64 with hub caps and it just struck me right. So, I'm dreaming of the future wheels for my Tyrol Blue 67 build with white pin stripes and got to looking at old school photos of very plain wheels with the small hub caps. Here's some examples on 67's...

Tire Wheel Vehicle Car Motor vehicle

Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Motor vehicle

I really like the all black wheels with all black wall tires. My car should end up with the widest rear tires possible with some good meat up front. The rake will be slightly higher in the rear with a slightly higher than stock stance all the way around. I'm thinking of an old school hopped up, on a budget, look. Even though we all know the budget for these cars in not "low".

Anybody out there know their hub caps and where to start my research?

Ideally, I would like the plainest of steel wheels that can be found as wide as will fit in the rear and moderate width for the front. Here's the hard ask...do any of these wheel options have a positive fit hub cap option? Meaning, they screw on or otherwise rather than the tradition pop on. I'd hate to spend the coin and time restoring some old hub caps to have them spin off during a hard throttle and end up in the ditch.

I'm not set on true Pontiac wheels and caps, just looking for options that somewhat resemble the photos. I am open to 15" and 16" rims. They kinda give the car a sleeper-old-man-car look which does resemble me and will, more so, by the time I get the build done...lol.

PS: Thanks to the owners of these photos that I borrowed from the net. They are truly awesome cars!

See less See more
#6 ·
Check out the US Wheels smoothie with baby moon hubcaps. Thinking of getting a set for my '73 Fury.

Tire Wheel Automotive tire Camera lens Camera accessory

#12 ·
"Rowdy" may happen when you least expect it. That's driving me to figure out a way screw fasten them on. Here's an example, thanks to Jim's reference to US Wheels...

Tire Wheel Automotive tire Synthetic rubber Locking hubs

Silver Body jewelry Art Ornament Jewellery

Not exactly vintage hub cap style, but simple and they can be ordered with the wheels ready for the fastening hardware. I would prefer caps that were at least original to Pontiacs.

#17 ·
I'm a big fan. You can have steel wheels made to your specs from places like Stockton Wheel. And a wide choice of 'dog dish' caps or actual '67 wheel covers. With the exception of the imitation wire wheel covers, all of the '67 full wheel cover choices were excellent.
Congrats for not installing 22" circus wagon donk wheels!!
Geeteeohguy, I am looking for a good steel wheel fabricator. Stockton Wheel no longer in business.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.