Pontiac GTO Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
Don't have a GTO but do have a question. I have been considering getting a CTS-V but understand from some of the web sites that they have quite a bit of electrical problems with them.

How do the GTOs do in that regard ??

Since the Vette, GTO and CTS-V have essentially the same drive line it seems to be a choice between the three.

·
Registered
51 Posts
I have had only one minor problem with the passenger side lock in the 6 months that I have owned my 05 GTO. The overall build quality is very good to excellent.

The CTS-V was actually the first car that I drove, and thought that my decision would be between the CTS-V and the C6 Vette. I don't know if you have driven the CTS-V yet, but I was totally disappointed.

Pulling out of the dealer lot, at very light throttle, I got unbelievable wheel hop. It just couldn't get any power down. On top of it, the interior looks kind of like a Chevy Cavalier. For $50 k list you get hard plastic molded door panels and a plastic dash. Compare them side by side, and I think you will see that the GTO puts the CTS-v to shame. No contest, even if they were priced the same, and they are charging $20 more for the car...No Way.

Buy the GTO, you won't be disappointed.

·
Premium Member
2,626 Posts
for the 05 i had like many others the gas pedal sensor. the gto would go into safty mode and the gas pedal will have to be replace. the 05 is the only car that i know thats has the eletronic throtle control. do a seach on safty mode, gas pedal sensor to get more info. But i love this car. for the price and what it comes with and what it can do, no contest

·
Registered
304 Posts
Well I happen to own a four month old CTS which is the same body style the V has. I'm currently going through a Lemon Law action on this car as it sits in my garage. To me there is no comparison between the two cars. The Caddy is very "loose" and poorly made IMO. The GTO is probably the most solid high performance car I've ever owned, and I've owned a LOT of performance cars over the past 40 years. GM just doesn't have the "stuff" anymore IMO.........it took an Aussie company to build this high quality machine. Go with the GTO, you will not regret it, believe me.

JET

·
Registered
556 Posts
J.E.T. said:
Well I happen to own a four month old CTS which is the same body style the V has. I'm currently going through a Lemon Law action on this car as it sits in my garage. To me there is no comparison between the two cars. The Caddy is very "loose" and poorly made IMO. The GTO is probably the most solid high performance car I've ever owned, and I've owned a LOT of performance cars over the past 40 years. GM just doesn't have the "stuff" anymore IMO.........it took an Aussie company to build this high quality machine. Go with the GTO, you will not regret it, believe me.

JET
It's too bad the GTO isn't selling like hot cakes. It would send a message that "this is what they all should be like", but folks are scooping up Mustangs and other imports. So, sadly, things probably won't change, not for a while anyway.

·
Registered
96 Posts
I haven't had any problems with mine except that the ack left turn signal bulb went out...but nothin else. This cars build quality is very superior to a lot of the cars on the road today. :party:
Hope you find what your lookin for.

·
Registered
119 Posts
I wish all you guys would STOP tell everybody how well this car is made, how great everything is, how much power it has, how great the BUILD quality is.............

GOD, before you know it, EVERYONE will want one!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BTW, everything they said is true.............and more............puts every one of my last 7 corvettes to shame as far as build quality is concerned. This GTO is tight, quiet and a great car to have.

I just wish for three things:

1. Less weight.............3300 would be just about right.

2. Better cornering without body lean.

3. Better stopping power..........14 inch rotors up front.

G

·
My problem is with my trunk... I got a sweet speaker box but it weighs 50 pounds, It moves around in the trunk and also causes MEAN holeshot dip :willy: .. I could have custom fiberglass ones made for the two sides and the weight ratio would be better distributed, but ill only be able to shave like 10 pounds off the total weight...but...but.. I LOVE MY BASS...

I guess i cant have the best of both worlds :willy: :party:

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.