Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
If you are having the "rattle problem" with the shifter knob, or if you do in the future (you will, its a common problem.), do not confuse the rattle as being something else. Its not your dash or your motor or something. Also, do not let your dealership tell you its normal or that they can't do anything. GM has a fix for this problem. I had this problem and I went to my dealer and they installed a new shifter assembly for the stick and knob. Problem fixed.:D And this one looks and feels better than the other because it sits lower. So, if you are not interested in getting an after market shifter, you can do this. :cheers

·
Registered
240 Posts
If you are having the "rattle problem" with the shifter knob, or if you do in the future (you will, its a common problem.), do not confuse the rattle as being something else. Its not your dash or your motor or something. Also, do not let your dealership tell you its normal or that they can't do anything. GM has a fix for this problem. I had this problem and I went to my dealer and they installed a new shifter assembly for the stick and knob. Problem fixed.:D And this one looks and feels better than the other because it sits lower. So, if you are not interested in getting an after market shifter, you can do this. :cheers
thanks i'll keep an eye or ear out for it usually have the stereo on way too loud to hear that though:lol:

·
Registered
141 Posts
On my third shifter already. Pretty hard to miss that noise even with the radio turned up. Each time the dealer installs a new one they've made it a bit more messy in how they put everything together. Just didn't have the time last time for them to redo it. Figure I'll be back before the warranty runs out and have a GMM race installed.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts