Pontiac GTO Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I'm thinking of replacing the stock Blowpunkt with a Pioneer Premier deck (DEH-8MP). Anyone using one of these or heard anything (good or bad) about them? I had a Pioneer Premier deck in my Grand Prix GT and was quite happy with it (I'm still kicking myself for not pulling it when I traded the GPX for the GTO!!). This is a newer model than what I had so I'm just looking for feedback. I demo'd it at my local Tweeter and it looks pretty slick.

I will also be replacing the stock speakers and will be adding the hardwired ipod interface. Anyone have speaker suggestions? The Tweeter guys were pushing Focal's (sp?) but I'm not familiar with them.

Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks !!!

·
Registered
1,658 Posts
Had a Premier on my last car. Enjoyed it. Have the stock Blowpunkt right no,but ise the Monster i-cable for my i-pod. What do you think of the new 5th gen. i-pod? (currently have 20gig. i-poc color) :cool

·
Registered
24 Posts
My brother had 2 premiers and on both of them they just froze up. Pioneer couldnt even fix it and after the second one just sent his money back. I know some people that love them, but ive never been a pioneer fan. Alpine all the way!

·
Registered
304 Posts
My son has one in his Mustang but it's currently at Pioneer to get the code out so that he can roll and watch DVD's etc. Personally I don't care for the unit........

JET

·
Registered
267 Posts
go for the alpine with the time delay...its it awsome !! you cant tell were the speakers are...it just surrounds you in music... :cheers

·
Registered
267 Posts
theres like 3 different models with that feature..and yes its EVERYTHING compatible...check out etronics, they have good prices and great customer sevice and cheep shipping...i have bought all kinds of stuff from them including my new samsung 56 dlp tv...55.00 shipping for that monster... :cheers

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.