Pontiac GTO Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
674 Posts
jag767 said:
there is only one gms discount. thats just a loyalty rebate gms is for a gm employee. i got my 04 at gms
Actually there are more than one. there is the GMS which is the same as the gm in your friends driveway (or something like that) and then there is the GM employee discount. The employee discount is available to the employee, his immediate family and some other people detailed in the rules.

I got the GMS/friend in your driveway price from a friend that works for GM, which was a little under "tissue" which may or may not be cost. the family price was a quite a bit better. problem was the dreaded GM card bonus points could not be used with the GMS pricem and I think it couldnt be used with the employee price.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I just found out that my Dad gets the GMS P.E.P. 3 discount bc he is an executive. He is telling me that he has to drive it for 90 days as a company car, and if he puts over a fixed amout of miles on it I can tag it and buy it for dirt cheap, like low to mid 20's cheap. Anyone know anything about that?

·
Registered
83 Posts
Tom said:
Actually there are more than one. there is the GMS which is the same as the gm in your friends driveway (or something like that) and then there is the GM employee discount. The employee discount is available to the employee, his immediate family and some other people detailed in the rules.

I got the GMS/friend in your driveway price from a friend that works for GM, which was a little under "tissue" which may or may not be cost. the family price was a quite a bit better. problem was the dreaded GM card bonus points could not be used with the GMS pricem and I think it couldnt be used with the employee price.

FYI, you no longer can use GM card money with the GMS (dealer stock )empolyee or GMO (ordered vehicle) This stopped in August 2003. I cashed my dollars in and bought my wife a car then.

As a family member, you have the option of converting to a different GM card (Family First) where your rebate goes from 5 % to 1 %, there is no cap on yearly earnings, but there is a maximum amount you can used toward a vehicle. THe amount is capped depending on the price of the car you choose. It was a much better deal before. They still will give you bonus dollars at times on certain vehicles if you fall under the employee plan, but they won't be as big a bonus under the regular GM card. :cheers

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Tom said:
The more miles he puts on it the lower the price. My friend at GM is an engineer and has to buy a new car every two years. he didnt want to have to drive a gas guzzling mullet.
Yeah my dad buys a new one every two years for my mom.

My pops is supposed to email me back with pricing info depending on the miles he puts on it. Just need to take it on a road trip. But city driving is always best for break in.

·
Registered
74 Posts
SFLGOAT is correct. Right now, I'm eligable for GM Supplier Discount, and I have to convert my Original GM card to the "Extended family card" for $.20 on the dollar, in order to use GM Supplier. And I cannot go back to the "old" GM Card after that. :(

BTW, GM Supplier on an MN6 '05 GTO in Illinois is $31717. It is a couple hundred dollars less in any other state, b/c Illinois has a surcharge. :mad:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.