Pontiac GTO Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
I bought my 05 auto in Feb 04 and about 2 months ago I would be driving for 5-15 minutes and the engine temp would start climbing steadily and the fan will start running non-stop for no reason. I found that if I run the heat in the car on full blast for a minute or two it would all of a sudden drop to normal operating temp. Occasionally it might do it again, but most of the time just once. It does this after 75% of my start-ups. It seems like a sticky T-stat problem, but I haven't had time to take it by the dealership. Anybody else had this issue?

NOTE: I accidentally edited this message instead of quoting it. Sorry. One of those mornings....

BA

·
Registered
30 Posts
My,05 was doing the same thing.I even took to the dealership twice.Befor they and I found out the radiator cap is hidden under a cover.Once we found this out,it was just low on water,just low enough to keep moving the gauge back and forth.You may try that.

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
YellowGOAT1 said:
My,05 was doing the same thing.I even took to the dealership twice.Befor they and I found out the radiator cap is hidden under a cover.Once we found this out,it was just low on water,just low enough to keep moving the gauge back and forth.You may try that.
:agree I had another customer that had the same issue. Course my service knew about the radiator plug.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.