Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got this guy in my town with a Cammed, bolt-on Camaro whose dying to put a L in my W/L column. Reving at my house, and revs at my work...lol, all in fun. I know these LS3 cars are pretty stout with a cam, and pretty sure I don't have a chance in hell. I may have him on weight by a few pounds but not much. I do know he put down 470/425 on the ground from friend, compared to my 420/409, again dyno numbers are just numbers. Hes all motor w/o any gearing or anything like that.

Just curious if it would be a waste of my time and clutch to run this guy.
I'm not afraid to run anybody but some races are just pointless and hard on your car for no reason. You gotta pick your battles.

Maybe someone has some vids that I can't seem to find.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Idk.. would be a close one.... I have an 06 goat.. n i have beat some stock ls3 camaros all i have is xpipe n magnaflow.. idk if the cam would give him alot more hp..... Cams are worthless for ls2 if u ask me.. that a 1000 job to get 25+ hp

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Cant read the dyno sheet right... How much hp did u gain?

Sacramento CA. GOAT
Picked up 50RWHP/35RWTQ...I pretty happy with it, so much for my tires.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I picked up 35hprw with just a tune.. so for me a cam isnt really worth it.. u should of gone supercharged or turbo

Sacramento CA. GOAT

·
Registered
51 Posts
LS2 engine tests stage one and two - cams and heads - GM High Tech Performance

^$1000 (cam + tune) for an additional 94 bhp w/ a stage 1. What, 7-9 grand plus for FI (FI + built tranny/clutch, stronger rear end, FI ground cam, headers, etc) for an additional 2-300 bhp? Best bang for your buck hands down is header, cam, and tune. If deep pockets are available, sure, FI all the way.:D

@OP, dead even at the strip (non bracketed fun runs), but only ever against 1 which was a stock SS convertible. IMO, at the strip it's gonna be a drivers race for sure, and on the freeway that particular Camaro would probably win. I don't think power to weight is gonna play enough of a role when your already moving.

·
Registered
213 Posts
These cars are geared different and third is a big power gear, make the race longer so your gearing can catch you might have a chance. What MODS do you have? 5th Gen Camaro SS are strong to 135, they have more rear tire and a stronger stock IRS/diff and clutch. Good Luck.

·
Registered
444 Posts
re

So what do you do go around racing cars you can beat. Why dont you tell us if your car can beat a cammed camaro. Have no shame if you get beat. He has 50 horse on you because of the LS3 heads and intake----danfigg

·
Registered
3,765 Posts
^ and more cubes.

·
Super Moderator
2,640 Posts
By the numbers we can see that his car is more powerful than yours but what guarantees are there that he's a better driver than you? Poor drivers in more powerful cars get beat everyday. If you're already expecting to get beat why not run him just to see how good you will do. As long as it's all in fun, there should be no hard feelings regardless of the outcome.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts