Pontiac GTO Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody go over to LS1Tech.com??? http://www.ls1tech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=410098&page=3
I already got told by a guy called 2.73 vette(last page), check it out it rather funny I think. He’s all into the numbers but I don’t care the vette got his ass handed to him 3 times in a row and that’s what I look at not all the equations.
Anyone agree or am I being stupid, like the saying goes "the proof is in the pudding"

·
Registered
910 Posts
djray77 said:
Anybody go over to LS1Tech.com??? http://www.ls1tech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=410098&page=3
I already got told by a guy called 2.73 vette(last page), check it out it rather funny I think. He’s all into the numbers but I don’t care the vette got his ass handed to him 3 times in a row and that’s what I look at not all the equations.
Anyone agree or am I being stupid, like the saying goes "the proof is in the pudding"
I dont know where he is getting the idea that 40 hp = .10 et for a GTO. I wish that were true.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Yep, for sure. I dont give a rats ass about all his mathmatics, no two cars will be the same power wise, and maybe that vette was a worn out pos, but I still think even a newer C5 would get beat by a 05 GTO IMO.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thats a Z06 right? Yeah a zo6 would spank it for sure but how bad you think?? maybe 1 car length?? or worse?

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
damn that is bad lol!!

·
Registered
67 Posts
Guys when will this debate ever end? An '05 Z06 will walk an '05 GTO. Exactly right the weight difference on both cars gives too much advantage to the Vette. I also believe, that is not the intention of GM to have another car in its stable surpass the 'Vette. Can we put this to rest? We never thought or expected the Camaros and T/As were meant to compete with or surpass the Vettes in the LS1 Days, why so now with GTO? Beats me!

G

·
my guess is most dont understand the penalty of weight. It is a HUGE factor. For example, try running 300 feet, its pretty easy right? Now do it with a 300lb guy on your back. Sure you can do it but a WHOOOOOOOOOOOLE lot slower !!!

Understand?

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Theres no debating here about a gto vs z06 I was just asking a question.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
exactly right :)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.