Pontiac GTO Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
439 Posts
any SLP performance pack is a ginormous waste of money. On average you can save more than $1000 and get better products if you do some actual research.

For example, those are good claimed numbers, but you can get the same numbers with closer to $2000. also you have to worry about tuning and supporting mods, such as new rockers, pushrods, fuel system changes, etc. A head/cam swap that adds that much power is far from a plug and play kit.

·
431.0 rwhp, 391.9 rwtq
77 Posts
Since you have a 05 you would need the AFR 225...but allot of Forums say the LS2 heads don't really need to be upgraded just ported because they already flow very well. That package can probably be done cheaper.

The 05 already has a 90mm TB so you don't need a new one...just have it ported.

I have a 04 but My Head/Cam custom package is cheaper and probably better then the SLP. Call Ed at FlowTech Induction and get him to put a h/c package together with a custom cam specifically designed for whatever you want. I wanted drivability and stealth as well as maximum hp. Ed also takes into account your entire setup Heads/LTs/catback/maifold/TB/CAI when coming up with a custom cam spec. An off the shelf cam will leave hp on the table.

...will post dyno results in about 3 weeks.

·
Registered
491 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
GTO1_OHIO said:
Since you have a 05 you would need the AFR 225...but allot of Forums say the LS2 heads don't really need to be upgraded just ported because they already flow very well. That package can probably be done cheaper.

The 05 already has a 90mm TB so you don't need a new one...just have it ported.

I have a 04 but My Head/Cam custom package is cheaper and probably better then the SLP. Call Ed at FlowTech Induction and get him to put a h/c package together with a custom cam specifically designed for whatever you want. I wanted drivability and stealth as well as maximum hp. Ed also takes into account your entire setup Heads/LTs/catback/maifold/TB/CAI when coming up with a custom cam spec. An off the shelf cam will leave hp on the table.

...will post dyno results in about 3 weeks.

Thanks, I didn't know that Ed did head/cam packages...I thought he just did cams.:eek: I've sent him an e-mail a few weeks ago for a cam, but put that on hold for a while (I helped pay for the repair bills on the "BadBoy" Kenne Bell Mustang). I've decided to do more mods than I thought I would, so when I decide to go w/ new heads and cam, I'll get back in touch with him. Glad to know about the SLP not being the best choice.

"I wanted drivability and stealth as well as maximum hp"

That's pretty much the same goals that I'm looking for too...maybe spank C6s if I can.:D

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.