Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thinking about changing my seats. Don't really feel like investing 1000 into restoring my buckets. Anybody got any pics running different seats. I also considered 2006 gto seats. Pictures would be helpful guys

Thanks
Dennis

·
Super Moderator
5,782 Posts
Search on this forum for posts/pictures from Eric Animal showing his beautiful blown badass black 67. He's running late model seats in it and they look great.

Bear

·
Premium Member
662 Posts
Dennis, I would think the cost of late model GTO seats is going to be about the same as restoring your seats. That said, the late model seats will be safer for sure and it is truly about what you like. I do like Eric's seats... and the rest of his car too. Regards, Matt

·
Premium Member
662 Posts
OK, so I just saw a complete set, front and back, black leather late model GTO seats for $679 on ebay. I don't think you could get someone to do a complete restoration on your seats for that price. So I follow your logic. Good luck, Matt

·
Registered
297 Posts
I have a set of Procar Rally 1000 seats I bought off Craigslist for $450. I am still restoring my car so they aren't installed but they are still pretty awesome. They look great, they're comfortable, they keep you from sliding around, and they're more adjustable, making getting in the back seat easier. I'd highly recommend those, or a set of 04-06 GTO seats. Both solid options.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I can get a set of 2006 seats out of a totaled car with 6500 miles on it. They are like new for 700. Get fronts and rears. I could always keep my drivers around if I needed to change them back.

·
Registered
417 Posts
OK, so I just saw a complete set, front and back, black leather late model GTO seats for $679 on ebay. I don't think you could get someone to do a complete restoration on your seats for that price. So I follow your logic. Good luck, Matt
Sand Blasting & Paint for seat frames & trim = $30
Repair seat-side spring = $20
New Legendary Front covers = $330
New Foam = $200
Upholstery Shop Labor = $380
Repo/factory style head rest kit = $200
Keeping your 66 looking like a 66... priceless

Just kidding on the last line, but you are correct, doing the seats "right" is not a cheap proposition. If you are going for comfort and function, the late model seats for $680 are the way to go, and you can honestly say that they are "gto" seats!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts