Pontiac GTO Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am wondering what prices these are going for now that the major incentives are gone. I am aware of the $5000 that the dealers got from GM and the $1000 rebate that is available.

I was hopingthat I would like to find a dealer willing to sell one at more than that $6000 below invoice price. Does anyone have experience buying for more that $6000 under invoice?

Thanks!

·
Registered
88 Posts
weekendwrench said:
I am wondering what prices these are going for now that the major incentives are gone. I am aware of the $5000 that the dealers got from GM and the $1000 rebate that is available.

I was hopingthat I would like to find a dealer willing to sell one at more than that $6000 below invoice price. Does anyone have experience buying for more that $6000 under invoice?

Thanks!
they have $9000 off GTO's at Young Pontiac in Escondido with Loyalty Bonus,,,only have m6 tho,,no a4 left,,,,,and a Black 05...

·
Registered
19 Posts
Can't say I haven't tried to lease one but the dealers here are too proud of these cars to let them off of the lot. :rolleyes: Bunnin had $10K off a couple of weeks ago but the lease deals were still horrible. $299 a month for 60 months! Yuck. If I wanted to buy it, I would - but I certainly am not going to buy the car then give it back. Idiots. :willy: I had one dealer tell me he'd give me $100,000 if I could prove to him that ANYONE leased an '04 gto for $1500 down/ $219 a month - anyone want to fax me their paperwork.:lol:

matt

·
Registered
1 Posts
Would a GM SmartBuy agreement work for you? I have a 2 year/24K miles Smartbuy agreement on my 04 GTO. It basically is the SmartLease but I pay for the sales taxes and registration. I can basically return the car in 2 years for a $250 fee. I wanted this because I didn't know what the residual values(used car market) would be in 2 years. I basically have a guaranteed residual of $20,500.

My payments for 2 years are $79.69 per month.

Richard

·
Registered
14 Posts
intofx said:
Can't say I haven't tried to lease one but the dealers here are too proud of these cars to let them off of the lot. :rolleyes: Bunnin had $10K off a couple of weeks ago but the lease deals were still horrible. $299 a month for 60 months! Yuck. If I wanted to buy it, I would - but I certainly am not going to buy the car then give it back. Idiots. :willy: I had one dealer tell me he'd give me $100,000 if I could prove to him that ANYONE leased an '04 gto for $1500 down/ $219 a month - anyone want to fax me their paperwork.:lol:

matt

I leased mine for 163.00/mo with nothing down except the GMAC acq fee. It would have been lower except Ga taxes rebates. So half my payment is on sales tax on the rebates. So go get that 100,000.00 in writing, and I'll split it with you!

·
Registered
15 Posts
what part of georgia i can find a MANUAL 04 GTO for a $23500 ... or get a lease that low ? i would be happy with $250/month lease or a $350 finance :agree :agree :agree

and this would be my #1 CAR ... i decide for the GTO a few months Ago
im 21 and i was told i was gonna have to pay around $200 for just Insurance
i havent buyed any car yet the only cars i drive is parent car ford 94 f150..
I WANT A GTO before they dissapear ahhhh :party: im tired of the bunchs of LIES from cars DEALERS , Seriusly i thought that going to CARS DEALERS is worse than a Funeral

·
Registered
56 Posts
those were the pre Jan 3rd deals. Leasing a 2004 is more xpensive than leasing a 2005 according to GMAC financial tools.

Ran some numbers & the 2004 would cost $628 :eek: a month for a 15000 mile 2 year lease compared to $358 for a 2005 (assuming price=30K, 3K down)

Basically dealers r giving out a lot of BS (not deals) about the car being rare & very hard to find. Im not getting quotes for less than 25K in florida & thats with the $1500 loyalty rebate. One guy had the nerve to quote me 29K + TTL for a used one :eek: .

·
Registered
307 Posts
rbiehl said:
Would a GM SmartBuy agreement work for you? I have a 2 year/24K miles Smartbuy agreement on my 04 GTO. It basically is the SmartLease but I pay for the sales taxes and registration. I can basically return the car in 2 years for a $250 fee. I wanted this because I didn't know what the residual values(used car market) would be in 2 years. I basically have a guaranteed residual of $20,500.

My payments for 2 years are $79.69 per month.

Richard
Dude! It's almost like they're paying you to drive it.

Did the dealer have a dozen of the '04s left over or what?

I had been thinking about upgrading from an '04 to an '05 about 6 months into my lease but would probably take a BIG hit to do this.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.