Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was fortunate enough to be shown an older gentleman's collection, all of which are available to me to buy. There were several 1937-1940's cars that are nice. The one that baffled me was a 1971 Cadillac station wagon. This is NOT a hearse. I cannot find info or values of this car, and wondered if anyone here knew of them.

·
Former Moderator
2,895 Posts
Pictures?? I'd be willing to bet one of the "coachmakers" that created the hearse's, flower cars and ambulance is responsible. Would make an attention getting cruiser.

·
64-67 Expert
8,569 Posts
I have seen photos of Caddy wagons of this era. Not common, and custom ordered. They have a regular top, not the Hennesey coach built hearse/ambulance top. Very rare, indeed.

·
Premium Member
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I don't have pics yet but will get some. He said it was a factory production car and less than fifteen were made. I was skeptical, but it sure looks factory.

·
64-67 Expert
8,569 Posts
I seem to remember reading about these a few years ago. Factory produced, but pretty much a special order and only available to special people, like GM brass or the wives thereof. Definitely not a dealer showroom filler!!

·
Former Moderator
2,895 Posts
Amazing, thanks for sharing G8tr. Loved the Eldorado based examples and imagine what one of those full boat Sedan Deville barges weighs.

·
Premium Member
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I had seen this site but wasn't sure if it was facts. Looks like it is so. Now...what is thing worth in nice original low miles condition. I think I should try to get it bought. There might be a money making opportunity, but who would want it? Can't be nostalgic, because so few ever owned one. Sure isn't a hot rod or good looking either. Just is rare. Maybe I just talked myself out of it.

·
Registered
3,931 Posts
Thats one of those that falls into "what someone is willing to pay for it". Make a great car museum piece. GM has a place here where they have a collection of rare and low production cars (was on Gas Monkey garage when he bought all the copo camaros) by invite only but that would be right up their alley.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts