Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I applied for a job in Austin a few weeks ago. I go down next month to test for the position. I was thinking about Jesse James shop is there( Austin Speed shop) and how cool it would be to have Jesse James or his people work on my 71. I think the charge $80 per hour. That's what they told me the charge to inspect an car I was thinking about getting a couple months ago. Is Austin Speed shop worth going to or would I be better off going some where else? If not Austin Speed shop then where would you recommend?

·
Super Moderator
5,741 Posts
I don't know, man --- just from my opinion of James as a person and my belief that his (lack of) character can't help but carry over into his business practices, I'd be very hesitant to even let him scrape dog crap of my shoes.

... but that's just me... :D

Bear

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I don't know, man --- just from my opinion of James as a person and my belief that his (lack of) character can't help but carry over into his business practices, I'd be very hesitant to even let him scrape dog crap of my shoes.

... but that's just me... :D

Bear
What shop would you recommend?

·
Super Moderator
5,741 Posts
What work do you need done?

I'll ask around. You also might try asking the same question over on PSP (Pontiac Street Performance). There's a guy who's over there sometimes, Steve C. who's in the Austin area. I'm up around Dallas.

Bear

·
Registered
28 Posts
If your in the Austin area i know a place in Cedar Park by the name of Reckart Performance. They do a lot of work on Corvettes but deal mainly in GM vehicles so they are very familiar with the engines. I took my 06 Colorado down there to get tuned and run it on the hub dyno. One of the guys there actually owns a new gen gto. You may want to look into them. I have every intention to take my gto there.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

1 - 6 of 6 Posts