Pontiac GTO Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Seems like GM is hurting pretty bad...prob a good time to strike?

I got mine at a pre-negotiated price as I work for a supplier (GMS price point) a bit more than employees ..or so they say ...no one really ever knows. Seemed fair to me anyway.

·
Registered
25 Posts
When I bought mine back in February there were no incentives. They told me on the phone before I even went down to the dealership that they were not going to budge from MSRP... Well, I had the pleasure of two sales reps taking care of me since the primary one selling me the car was a brand new car salesmen. When I sat down with the more senior of the two, he made the mistake of asking me if I had shopped around and really I hadn't, but I told him "Yes I have" I also said, "The other dealership was going to give me 1000.00 off of MSRP"... He immediately got on the phone and mumbled what I had said to someone on the other end. After a brief pause he mumbled another short blurb about how "This deal is all wrapped up except for this" He then nodded a lot and got off the phone. I got my 1000.00 off the price. I then said that they did not give me enough for my trade-in, and that I looked up the price for "fair" trade-in and it was 500.00 more than they scratched on their paper. He again got on the phone and went through the same routine... and that is how I got mine, minus 1500.00 and change

·
Registered
72 Posts
So what did you all pay? Who know's what a great deal is if you don't say what you paid for it? Don't be shy!

MSRP on my 05 M6 was $33,690 before the $2,000 "Limited Availability" mark up.

I got it for $31,667 + tax

Not bad for a great car.
:cheers

·
Registered
25 Posts
MSRP is MSRP... 33,690.00 - 1000.00 = 32,690.00 got 500.00 more than I thought I would for my trade in so I count that as money towards the bottom line so 32,190.00

·
Registered
61 Posts
Here are where things currently stand. On a car with an MSRP of $34,295, with the incentive, they'll sell it for $31,561. We'll have to see. They are currently offering financing at 5.9% over 60 months, but I know that they can do better than that. I'll also have to see what they'll do for me on my trade.

·
Banned
1,196 Posts
It took me 15 minutes to get the dealer to agree to invoice.
05 Cyclone Gray M6 list price $33,690 paid $31,200. Discount approx $2,500.

I bought mine in March when there was still snow on the ground and showroom traffic was zero. I went in once to shop and walked out after discussing the car with salesman. No negotiating, just thanks for the info and goodbye. A week later I went back. They knew I was a serious buyer. That was about one week before month end and quarter end. I'm guessing that they were willing to deal in order to make some quota for quarterly GM bonuses that far outweighed the profit on a single car. At any rate, they tried the MSRP line. I told them if they would sell for invoice we have a deal. They took it. Total elapsed time approx 15 minutes to negotiate the deal. I took the GM 3.9% financing for 60 mo. No other discounts. Unfortunately I don't work for GM or their suppliers.

·
Registered
558 Posts
My deal was bizarre. I traded in both an '01 C5 and a '99 Astro van on the GTO. My dad's a GM retiree, so I got the GMS price (about 11 percent off MSRP). After they put the thing in the blender, I ended up with a new GTO PLUS a check for $12 and change.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Ny sucks, the best i can get is a 1000 incentive, and if i wanted to get a low smartbuy payment i need to put 5000 dollars if not more to get it almost below 500 a month. NY sucks oh well gotta do what i have to do :mad: :shutme :shutme :shutme :shutme :shutme :(

·
Registered
3,445 Posts
Just bought mine April 16. There was only about a dozen GTO's in the Orlando area. Dealers are still putting 1000 market adjustments on them. I just got mine for 33690 -1500 if I bought the GMPP warranty (5yr 70k) for the 1500 price. They started at 25000 for my 2002 Z06 with 30k on it. It needed tires and brakes($2000). I got them up to 28500. I also used my GM card bucks. I also got 5.9 and the 1000 dollar rebate. The car had just delivered to the dealer on Friday, and there was only 4 mn6 cars in Orlando.

·
Registered
8 Posts
will be buying in 2-3 months

looking to buy the quicksilver/red soon. $34295 which includes ggt and transportation. about 12 available within 25 miles. so far all i see is the $1000 discount. will keep an eye out for any other gm discounts..

·
Registered
12 Posts
There is a way to Save Negotiating Hassle...

But you need two things to work in your favor.

First, you need to know a GM Employee. Ask them to get you an In The Drivway" certificate. It will you to buy at Supplier Price, but also allows you to combine GM Card earnings using the old cards, if there is an allowable redemption. A GM Employee, or GM Supplier can only use GM Familiy Crd earnings, at 1% as opposed to 5% for Blue, Copper, Plat,and Gold cards. Not all units are eligible for earnings redemption. Go to gm.com, and check out current offers, then card services icon.

Second, your dealer must be willing to accept the certificate. If they have the unit you want, and they say "No," just use the standard "well so and so will, but I'd rather buy it here."

Hope it helps somebody out, also works well towards the end of the month, push the sales a little more.

Troy, if you're reading this, call me, I'm still waiting.....

Steve

·
Registered
12 Posts
I just got quoted 30k from a dealer in san jose CA because I shopped around and had him beat a price from another local dealer (31,100) :D . No one else will go below 30k, go figure. So right now i'm looking at a new Goat (Midnight Blue M6) in about 9 days. He even has it on hold for me :party:

·
Registered
58 Posts
NY still sucks but i did what i had to do. 6000 down 48 months 15000 miles a yr and for a grand total of 412 a month. Like i said NY sucks but my GTO is great :party: :party: :party: :party: :party: :party: :party: :party: :party:

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.