Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got a 66 389 tri-power. Just trying to get some headers and im kinda on a budget. Let me know if you guys have any just laying around that youd like to get rid of.

·
Registered
678 Posts
Hmm. Not a good spot to be in. Cheap headers means headers that don't fit or interfere with the starter. Not a big selection out there for Pontiacs, The best budget alternative are the repo D port Ram Air manifolds. Fairly inexpensive and they fit better than headers. Either way you will need to modify the exhaust pipes.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hmm. Not a good spot to be in. Cheap headers means headers that don't fit or interfere with the starter. Not a big selection out there for Pontiacs, The best budget alternative are the repo D port Ram Air manifolds. Fairly inexpensive and they fit better than headers. Either way you will need to modify the exhaust pipes.
Lol I don’t have an exhaust on right now #PerksOfRestoring But will they perform as good as headers? Performance wise which ones would you prefer?

·
Registered
118 Posts
In a street car they will perform as good as headers without all the hassles of headers. Unless you're running 500+ hp I doubt you could tell a difference.

·
Registered
24 Posts
My issue with the headers and the reason I eventually went with RA manifolds on my '68 was ground clearance. The headers just hung down too low. I didn't notice any performance decrease when I made the switch.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts