Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I walked out the other day and looked in the back window as I was opening the trunk and saw that my rear seat seams had split at the top! They are the inboard seams, right below the speakers. Anyone else had this happen?

2006 PBM

·
Registered
227 Posts
My back seats are brand new since they're never really sat in but I'll be sure to double check for any splitting tomorrow though now.

·
formerly NJGoat
1,844 Posts
I walked out the other day and looked in the back window as I was opening the trunk and saw that my rear seat seams had split at the top! They are the inboard seams, right below the speakers. Anyone else had this happen?

2006 PBM

Ill have to check, cant see inside from the back window cuz of the tint. Ill get back with ya.

·
Registered
1,448 Posts
My back seats will be used but only under careful supervision- With 12000+ miles on the GTO, the interior still looks and smells new.
I heard from another GTO owner that his rear seats did split at the seam. He told me to keep an eye for that-he was the original owner and never used the back seats. Sounds like a manufacturing flaw.

·
Registered
1,658 Posts
Saw this problem often when I worked for Pontiac, mostly on 04's. Dealer will replace the leather under warranty. Tinting your rear window and using leather conditioner will help prevent this shrinking from happening.

·
formerly NJGoat
1,844 Posts
I checked mine, everything looks good. I did however use Meguiars leather seat conditioner wipes and my windows are tinted limo. I even have to child seats in the back and no problems. I did find however clear plastic from shipment around the area mentioned above. I removed it. Heat and intense sun probally has alot to do with it. I keep her in the garage.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I use Meguiars one step leather care

and no one has ever been in the back seat either. My windows aren't tinted (yet) but that may have to change next pay check. My girl's non-running, not worth fixing POS is in the garage right now but it's going to the recyclers next week and when I get my baby back, it's in the garage for her.

·
Registered
114 Posts
yea my seats seems were splitting. so I took them back to the dealer and they recovered them under warranty

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Well, after two weeks at the dealer, still no fix on the rear seats. It wasn't there the whole two weeks just for that, it had some other issues to be corrected as well. Dealer uses an upholstery shop in town for most of those types of repairs and they wouldn't touch it. So the rear seat upholstery is on back order from Australia. Guess we'll see how long THAT takes. Oh well, at least I have my car back for now...

·
Registered
85 Posts
I have the same problem. You can actually see the padding under the leather. Time to take it back to the dealer once again for another flaw. I am wondering when they made these cars if there was a Quality Control or QA department.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I too have the same problem, but it was there when I bought the car preowned. I guess I'll wait until there's another issue I can get fixed as well to justify my $250 deductible for the extended warranty. Let me know when you get that leather from AUS.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Yeah when I bought my 04 the seams were fine and now the rear drivers side is split pretty good. And I have never had anyone in the seat behind the driver since ive owned the car for almost 2 years. I dont have window tint either. I will probably take it to the dealer eventually under warranty.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts