Pontiac GTO Forum banner
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not here to down anyone on the GTO... Love the car, but happen to have a lemon. Luck of the draw.

Anyway... Been working with their customer service toward getting a "courtesy buyback" from the AVM (sic?) and no matter how often I call, push, prod, etc., all they do is apologize and stall.

I was hoping to NOT have to go through a lawyer, but I'm about a week out from doing that. It's been a month since I called them initially, and it's been almost a year that the car has been having electrical problems.

Any advice?

Thank you...

·
Registered
850 Posts
yipching said:
Oh yes... They are the ones I'm working with on the buyback.

I like this icon, it describes how I feel: :willy:
I'm sure you feel that way...I know how fustrating it must be for you right now! Being a dealer, I know what it's like to have a customer who is at his breaking point with a car that he's not happy with! Unfortunately, with these buy backs, they do take time...a few months to be exact. Why? I have no clue! But the red tape you have to go through is like the governments...insurmountable!!!!!:mad: All I can tell you is a lawyer is NOT going to speed up the process...hang in there and GM will make things right for you! What is GM telling you at this point?

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
GOATGIRL said:
What is GM telling you at this point?
Firstly, thank you for your response. It's appreciated.

GM has told me this:

They submitted a request for a "Courtesy Buyback" to the regional AVM. After a week hhey said the AVM hadn't replied to the initial request, so they resubmitted it as "Urgent" citing safety concerns, as the problem my car has involves electrical issues with the ABS/traction control systems...

My main issue with them is the lack of follow-up, but otherwise I was just hoping for general insight on what options they might eventually present me...

jason

·
Registered
850 Posts
Well...it does sound like they are trying to work things out for you, but they do have to review everything first. Just keep hounding them and following up with them as well. The more you speak to them, the more they will realize you are not going away! Have you been writing down all of the names and job titles of everyone you hve been in contact with?

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
GOATGIRL said:
Well...it does sound like they are trying to work things out for you, but they do have to review everything first. Just keep hounding them and following up with them as well. The more you speak to them, the more they will realize you are not going away! Have you been writing down all of the names and job titles of everyone you hve been in contact with?
For the most part, yes I've been logging the times I call and who I spoke to... :)

And I definitely will hound them, maybe a weekly call would be just the right amount? I don't want to seem like a stalker, yet i want them to know I'm persistant!

·
Registered
850 Posts
yipching said:
For the most part, yes I've been logging the times I call and who I spoke to... :)

And I definitely will hound them, maybe a weekly call would be just the right amount? I don't want to seem like a stalker, yet i want them to know I'm persistant!
Just be persistant...let me know if I can be of any help! Not sure what I can do for you on this end! Just be patient!

·
Registered
674 Posts
you are probably not dealing with GM. The 800 customer service lines are subcontracted. You may want to ask customer service who the district rep is. the goal being get it out of the subcontracted company to GM itself.

Also look up your states lemon law. see where you fit. once you lemon the car buyback is over, but when i was having electrical problems with my 04 I read the lemon law to the oustourced customer service person. i then asked her if it was in GMs benefit to pay for the car plus fees etc under the lemon law and having a car with a tainted title, or buying mine back with a clean title and then doing what they want to do with it.

bottom line, get your case away from the outsourced non gm people into the hands of real gm people.

·
Registered
850 Posts
Tom said:
you are probably not dealing with GM. The 800 customer service lines are subcontracted. You may want to ask customer service who the district rep is. the goal being get it out of the subcontracted company to GM itself.

Also look up your states lemon law. see where you fit. once you lemon the car buyback is over, but when i was having electrical problems with my 04 I read the lemon law to the oustourced customer service person. i then asked her if it was in GMs benefit to pay for the car plus fees etc under the lemon law and having a car with a tainted title, or buying mine back with a clean title and then doing what they want to do with it.

bottom line, get your case away from the outsourced non gm people into the hands of real gm people.
I'll have to disagree with you...AVM is with GM...it just takes time...

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 · (Edited)
PEARL JAM said:
Why do you want to return it? What problems have you been having?
It all started about a year ago; actually I posted here about the first problem I had. Here's the gist:

1. Radiator fans were stuck on, even hours after the car was off. Had to replace the BCM, part cost to GM was over 1k.

2. Right blinker popped fuse 50% of the time it was used. Took 2 dealerships and 5 visits to resolve.

3. ABS/Traction control warning light: They replaced the control module, a wheel hub, a wiring harness, and found a "short." All these events occured over 7 or so visits to 2 different dealers. The latter 3 'repairs', the dealer assured me "Hey sport, we finally got it for sure!!"

The car has only 23,000 miles on it, and is sitting in my garage. It still throws an error and disables the TC and ABS. I just told them, after visit after visit and weeks without the car, that I'm done with it. The dealer has been cooperative, and i don't harbor ill will toward them... But I'm not going to spend the rest of my life being gracious and allowing them to keep ripping it apart and adding tons of miles to something I'm paying decent $$ for...

·
Registered
674 Posts
GOATGIRL said:
I'll have to disagree with you...AVM is with GM...it just takes time...
the AVM may be with GM, but the person that said they are sending the paperwork to the AVM is not with GM.

I dealt with the oxymoron called GM customer service with my olds aurora. I caught customer service reps in outright lies.

That is why I am saying get it away from the outsourced people and into the hands of real GM employees.

The names of the reps I caught in lies are Reuben Martinez and Paul Nagy. If you want details, just ask.

One lie involved a TSB. My friend is an employee of GM in warranty engineering. he took my vin to the head of the premium motor division Ron Capone. Ron ran the vin and cited a TSB that addressed my stalling problem.

I gave the TSB cite to Reuben Martinez. After weeks of saying he read the TSB and was working on it, while my car was stalling on the highway with my baby in the back. I demanded a yes or no answer to "did you read the TSB i cited?" his anwer was "it is not my job to read TSBs!".

My life, my wife's life, and my daughters life were put in dire jeopardy because this subcontracted piece of turd didnt feel like doing his job. Do you think it is any different in the case here? i think not.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Tom said:
the AVM may be with GM, but the person that said they are sending the paperwork to the AVM is not with GM.
I dealt with the oxymoron called GM customer service with my olds aurora. I caught customer service reps in outright lies.
I agree that the entity that answers the 800 number is BARELY what you'd call customer service. They seem to have one purpose: To stall for time. Any time they've slipped up, for example, not called me back when they are supposed to, I get the same apology verbatim from multiple people. I've tried calling and getting a random rep to see if they are any different, and they're not. They follow scripts, they try to calm you and then they brush you off.

It's all about delays until, most likely, you give up. And I'm sure most people do finally give up, so the system likely works as designed.

I asked to speak to a supervisor on Feb 3rd... It took 5 minutes of arguing with the rep before he'd even admit to me there was someone in the building in a supervisory position, and then it took more effort to get him to transfer me to that person. When I asked them for the GM rep who my case had been submitted to, I was told "We can't give you that information."

I think the regional GM offices are kept under better security than clandestine CIA operations... I've tried phone books, google searches, online yellow pages... Forums such as this. Can't find a single name of a GM regional rep.

I'm searching for the Holy Grail. Maybe I shall find it before the release of Indiana Jones 4 in 2007! :D

·
Registered
108 Posts
HotRodGuy said:
trust me when I say it's worth your time to get a lawyer that specializes in lemons
:agree
As mentioned earlier, a law firm is your best bet. They know they system, understand the steps needed, and have a personal interest in getting your case solved. My '05 Bonny is under a lemon law negotiation now, and my only part in it is to say yes or no to the offers.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
k1200lt said:
:agree
As mentioned earlier, a law firm is your best bet. They know they system, understand the steps needed, and have a personal interest in getting your case solved. My '05 Bonny is under a lemon law negotiation now, and my only part in it is to say yes or no to the offers.
Did they make you pay a retainer up front? And if you win, will the auto manufacturer have to pay your legal fees?

Thx

1 - 20 of 43 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.