Pontiac GTO Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking for some new chrome 17" wheels for my recently aquired '04 GTO. I'm mainly interested in 5 spoke options but there are some tuner styles that are catching my eye too. I'm looking for the most affordable options that I like. So far i've found these from ADR... anyone heard of the brand? What do you think of the wheels? Thanks :)

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/e...d=1,1&item=8037662240&sspagename=STRK:MEWA:IT

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well they're 40mm offset (as opposed to 48mm on factory) so that should make up for some of the width differenct (but not all of it). Maybe 5mm spacers as well would keep it clear of the strut up front. I know people have been using 5mm spacers w/ some success on 5 x 4.75" positive offset wheels.

·
Registered
689 Posts
Stephen Hopkins said:
Well they're 40mm offset (as opposed to 48mm on factory) so that should make up for some of the width differenct (but not all of it). Maybe 5mm spacers as well would keep it clear of the strut up front. I know people have been using 5mm spacers w/ some success on 5 x 4.75" positive offset wheels.
Can't our computers be retuned to accept different size tires? If so, put on some 255/40 17's and recalibrate the speedo. The smaller size tire would give a little lower ratio and help with takeoff. Granted if you have a good set of tires. Just wonder if it would look goofy with tires that small.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
It's not the computer/speedo issue that keeps us from using different tires (and they can be reprogrammed for different sidewall thicknesses). The real problem is strut rub up front keeping us from going wider than 245 on 17s and 235 on 18s. Also any change in width/offset can possibly cause problems.

·
Registered
689 Posts
If there offset 8mm then I could just see them cutting into the fenders everytime you turn the wheel. The stock tire barely has enough space to slide a quarter between the tire and strut. Too bad they don't have these rims with the exact offset and width as the stock 17's.

·
Registered
233 Posts
My brother runs ADRs on his car. He has had good luck with them.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.