Pontiac GTO Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got my Goat about two months ago now and was wondering if there were any other GTOs around this area. I live in Lansdowne just east of Leesburg. I haven't really seen any driving around here except for one of my neighbors that I've talked to a couple of times while washing our cars. Is there any groups or dates set for everyone to get together and talk cars and maybe toss back a couple? I saw a thread about VA goats, but it looked like everyone was down south close to VA Beach. So anyways, let me know what all is going on and who all is out there.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
EEZ GOAT said:
i was in ashburn va for about 10 days and saw one goat. a ibm on 29
So you don't live in the area? I don't see too many driving around ever really. I saw one parked in the Reston area a little while back. They just got it too because I saw the temp tags on it. Either people don't drive them too much or I'm just commuting at the wrong part of the day to see them.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Nevermind, I see you live in Alabama. I guess I should've looked before I asked that question. I used to live in that state when I was a little kid. Don't know if you know where Ozark is, but that's where I was born. Dad was in the Army so we moved not way too long after that.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I live in Gaithersburg, MD. I grew up in Fairfax. I've owned my goat for just over a year and I've only seen a handful on the road. It was a good 7-8 months until I saw one. Nothing against mustangs, but I see at least 5 every single day around here.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Exactly one of the reasons why I didn't want a mustang, everyone has one. I see double digits worth every day to and from work. I see more fakestangs (V6s) than GTs. There are way too many out there on the road. It's nice to be able to have a rare vehicle on the road. You get more looks that way. So are there any gatherings for Goat owners round these parts?

·
Registered
186 Posts
I'm just west of Warrenton, Va. over the line into Culpeper County.

In fact, Saturday I saw a gray Goat. We travelled up 211 in tandem right to my house, he kept going down 229 towards the town of Culpeper.

Every Friday a bunch of cars meet at the Chick-Fil-A at Dulles Town Center. I was the only '04-'06 Goat there two weeks ago. Unfortunately I can't make it this Friday as work has me in Richmond this Friday, but perhaps the next Friday...

Jim Miller
'06 M6, 18", Phantom Black Metalic, Black interior.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
GTJimbO said:
I'm just west of Warrenton, Va. over the line into Culpeper County.

In fact, Saturday I saw a gray Goat. We travelled up 211 in tandem right to my house, he kept going down 229 towards the town of Culpeper.

Every Friday a bunch of cars meet at the Chick-Fil-A at Dulles Town Center. I was the only '04-'06 Goat there two weeks ago. Unfortunately I can't make it this Friday as work has me in Richmond this Friday, but perhaps the next Friday...

Jim Miller
'06 M6, 18", Phantom Black Metalic, Black interior.
I didn't know about those get-togethers. That's about five minutes down the road from my house. If you're thinking about heading out there next week, let me know. My email address is [email protected]. It'd be sweet to meet up with another Goat owner and shoot the breeze. My wife might get a kick out of the cruise too so that she can check out the other rides.

·
Registered
22 Posts
lkynmbr3 said:
I didn't know about those get-togethers. That's about five minutes down the road from my house. If you're thinking about heading out there next week, let me know. My email address is [email protected]. It'd be sweet to meet up with another Goat owner and shoot the breeze. My wife might get a kick out of the cruise too so that she can check out the other rides.
Hey lkynmbr3,

Just in case you dont check your email. I'm in Manassas, and we meet up alot during the summer month's. Sometime's up to almost 20 new GTO'S at a time. We are having a BBQ this Saturday the 29th on Ft Belvoir from 1100hrs to 1600hrs. Hopefully I will hear from you.

Pat,

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
myred2004gto said:
Hey lkynmbr3,

Just in case you dont check your email. I'm in Manassas, and we meet up alot during the summer month's. Sometime's up to almost 20 new GTO'S at a time. We are having a BBQ this Saturday the 29th on Ft Belvoir from 1100hrs to 1600hrs. Hopefully I will hear from you.

Pat,
Sounds nice, I'm actually planning on being down in Old Town Manassas that night, so that's right down the road. I have some company coming in on Friday night and leaving Saturday morning. So we'll more than likely be able to swing by there to hang out for a little while. Shoot me an email with all of the details so I know exactly where to go and all. I check my email daily so I'll get the info. Oh, and do I have to be in the military to get onto Ft Belvoir? That could be a problem if that's the case, or is it close to the base? Thanks a lot for letting me know about it. Hope to hear from you soon.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.