Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I found this stapled to the padding on the springs under the back seat bottom when I took it out.
It's hand written and even though faded, looks like:
2x237-223
A39.A51-B30
D10.D55M40

This wouldn't be a build sheet, right? Aren't those typically between the gas tank & trunk floor?

Attachments

·
Premium Member
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
That is the build sheet, they were put in various places, under the back seat being one of them.
Great! I definitely want to keep that for the restoration documentation.

What are the sheets I see other people retrieve that have the options on them? Is that something different they get from PHS?

Any idea what all these codes mean or where I can find out?

·
Former Moderator
2,895 Posts
I don't believe those are what are refered to as the actual "build sheets" which list everything on the car but suplimentary build sheets for the interior. Regardless I would keep them with your cars documentation. Good finds!

·
Registered
727 Posts
If you have the PHS documents for your car, you should be able to match these option codes to the PHS info.

Here is a link to a handy RPO list: http://cs.pontiac-club.com/graphics/manuals/46/gm-firebird-camaro-GM-RPO-car-codes.pdf

According to that list and what I remember from my Fisher Body days, here's what I think your build sheet means:

-793 (I believe this was the build sequence number for the body)
2x237-223
(24237=GTO hardtop, 223= black bucket seat interior)
A39.A51-B30
(A39=front seat belts with retractors, A51=bucket seat, B30=carpet floor covering)
D10.D55M40
(D10=rear seat armrest - that doesn't make sense to me, but that's what the code supposedly means????, D55=floor console, M40= 3 speed automatic transmission)
5138 (no idea...)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts