Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
546 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Planning on taking a road trip to GoodMark Industries sometime this week. Anyone here from that area of Georgia?

·
Premium Member
4,705 Posts
See if they have any "high Quality" 67 GTO rear bumpers!!!!! I'd go with you but I am pretty far north of the Mason/Dixon line :rofl:Thanks, Eric

·
Registered
546 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well I plan on buying a rear bumper for my 71 while I am there so I will let you know the quality. I just hope the chrome is pretty good. They do rechroming there. Ya know how alot of aftermarket chrome bumpers seem to have small grooves in some areas that almost look like brush strokes. Thats what Im looking for. If it has that Ill probably have to pass. I would let them rechrome my rear bumper but the darn thing is warped.

·
Premium Member
4,705 Posts
I have a repro bumper (rear 67) here now. It's a Dynacorn, nice chrome, but you can see some stamping marts and those "brush strokes" . I think they are fron a sander during the finishing process. I also have an AMES front bumper which is VERY nice, don't know the brand. Even in the catalogs, the fronts are rated better than the rears...for 67's ...E

·
Registered
546 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Per your advice Im going to order about $2k worth of things from OPG. And anything that has freight charges from Goodmark, and or Summit racing. Since I can drive 3 hours to these both locations and save a ton of money by doing so.

·
Registered
546 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Eric I will let you know about the bumper. They didn't have it in stock. Fact of the matter is they only had about 70% of everything I went to buy, in stock. After explaining that I had driven 3.5 hours to get there to avoid freight charges, they offered to ship everything to me that was not in stock for free. That was pretty cool.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts