Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
546 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got screwed over by some punk in Ontario Califonia.

Sent him nearly $1 for some parts and now hes not responding to phone calls or emails and sent me a bogus tracking number.

I bought, 1970 GTO endura bumper, core support, lower valance, grilles, headlight buckets, dash clock and side blinkers from him.

·
64-67 Expert
8,569 Posts
Well, since you sent him nearly a dollar, you didn't do too bad. I mean, the most you can be "out" is 99 cents.... Seems like a pretty cheap price for all of that stuff!!

·
Registered
76 Posts
How did you pay? hopefully with paypal - they operate heavily in the buyers favour and it shouldn't be a problem getting your money back. The only issue is they can't pull the money unless it's in his paypal account... and if he's changed that as well, it might be tough.

·
Registered
76 Posts
yes i used paypal. so if hes already spent the money Im screwed?
They won't put him in "overdraft" so to speak (as it would put paypal out money). The way I understand it though is as soon as funds are in the account they will take it. Problem is a smart scammer will just stop using the account and open another...

·
Registered
1,217 Posts
ebay is pretty diligent with the whole new ID thing and will pursue the person no matter how many times he changed his name- also ebay offers buyer protection where ebay pays the dispute and then they go after them- file a claim!!!!!! ASAP

1 - 10 of 10 Posts