Pontiac GTO Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
3,541 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
If anyone need's ANY parts for their GTO's or have any questions on their GTO's please let me know! :cheers Don't forget we carry SLP's full line of GTO performance parts and we are a Procharger dealer!!!!!!!!! Prochargers on sale for $4999.95 through Feb.28th and we have a sale on SLP's exhaust!!!!!!!! :cheers

·
Registered
88 Posts
GTODEALER said:
If anyone need's ANY parts for their GTO's or have any questions on their GTO's please let me know! :cheers Don't forget we carry SLP's full line of GTO performance parts and we are a Procharger dealer!!!!!!!!! Prochargers on sale for $4999.95 through Feb.28th and we have a sale on SLP's exhaust!!!!!!!! :cheers
I need a radio(mine is dead from factory,with no date of replacement),,,a heat/a/c control panel(on Factory b/o with no date of replacements) my spongy brakes fixed(dealer says its normal) emergency brake adjusted(dealer ''forgot '' to do it) second thought,,,how about a Ford,,,this car is rapidly seeming like a total piece of [email protected]!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
3,541 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Derf, there are a lot of things that you can buy besides a Procharger that would help you GTO and not break your bank. dctex99, the only vehicle I have seen with that many problems at one time is, well, a Ford!

·
Registered
88 Posts
GTODEALER said:
Derf, there are a lot of things that you can buy besides a Procharger that would help you GTO and not break your bank. dctex99, the only vehicle I have seen with that many problems at one time is, well, a Ford!

So I guess this means YOU don't have parts for my crappy GTO either???????????????????????? thought you might help,,oh well, Maybe Lutz will take a trip to Aussie Land and teach Quality Control,,,or better yet from posts,,,get another source for radios than German Blaujunk!!!!!

·
Registered
3,541 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
dctex99 - sorry about the jab I just get a little defensive, some things you've listed I've heard of and some I haven't. The A/C control is GM PN 92111502 and there are 85 in the Philidelphia warehouse, the radio isn't offered as a PN, however, your dealer should have an electronics repair outside source(at least ours does), and the e-brake adjustment should be a simple warranty fix! It sounds like your being a little mistreated by your dealer and I'm sorry to hear that but I sincerely hope this will help you. Almost forgot - I am to cursed with the "spongy" brake pedal feel and I am in the works of getting a "kit" together that would swap the front smaller rotors and calipers to the larger '05 PBR calipers and rotors :) :cheers Seriously, if you need anything else or have ?'s post - I'll help if I can!!!!

·
Registered
106 Posts
GTODEALER said:
Derf, there are a lot of things that you can buy besides a Procharger that would help you GTO and not break your bank.
I have to finish the Jeep first.

(If I don't keep telling myself that, it won't happen. I need to get the Jeep out of the garage so I can park the GTO in there...)

Once I do that, the cash flow opens up and I get to spend on the GTO. :D

·
Registered
106 Posts
GTODEALER said:
Almost forgot - I am to cursed with the "spongy" brake pedal feel and I am in the works of getting a "kit" together that would swap the front smaller rotors and calipers to the larger '05 PBR calipers and rotors :) :cheers Seriously, if you need anything else or have ?'s post - I'll help if I can!!!!
Ooh! How much for parts? (I can install them myself)

Wait! I need to get the Jeep done. I need to get the Jeep done. I need to get the Jeep done... :willy:

·
Registered
88 Posts
GTODEALER said:
dctex99 - sorry about the jab I just get a little defensive, some things you've listed I've heard of and some I haven't. The A/C control is GM PN 92111502 and there are 85 in the Philidelphia warehouse, the radio isn't offered as a PN, however, your dealer should have an electronics repair outside source(at least ours does), and the e-brake adjustment should be a simple warranty fix! It sounds like your being a little mistreated by your dealer and I'm sorry to hear that but I sincerely hope this will help you. Almost forgot - I am to cursed with the "spongy" brake pedal feel and I am in the works of getting a "kit" together that would swap the front smaller rotors and calipers to the larger '05 PBR calipers and rotors :) :cheers Seriously, if you need anything else or have ?'s post - I'll help if I can!!!!
There are NO parts in the US for this radio,,,,,Pontiac is waiting for radios from Germany,,,,at least my dealer didn't tell me 4-6 weeks like some,,,it will be much longer!! It turns out the A/c control/Panel/Rear Window defogger dead was all a very bad connection;;Service Mgr said these are very poorly assembled. My Dash only shows 3/4 of the number on display,,,this too will be months in coming.....They once again refused to bleed brakes, so will have it done at a shop and pay,,,in a few months when I get a radio(or years) I will insist they adjust the em brake,,,tiime to get tough I guess..I emailed pontiac;;they promised a response in 24 hours on time frame for radio,,,,stilll waiting??

·
Registered
3,541 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
dctex99 said:
There are NO parts in the US for this radio,,,,,Pontiac is waiting for radios from Germany,,,,at least my dealer didn't tell me 4-6 weeks like some,,,it will be much longer!! It turns out the A/c control/Panel/Rear Window defogger dead was all a very bad connection;;Service Mgr said these are very poorly assembled. My Dash only shows 3/4 of the number on display,,,this too will be months in coming.....They once again refused to bleed brakes, so will have it done at a shop and pay,,,in a few months when I get a radio(or years) I will insist they adjust the em brake,,,tiime to get tough I guess..I emailed pontiac;;they promised a response in 24 hours on time frame for radio,,,,stilll waiting??
I talked to my repair source and if you can get me the #'s off the back of your cluster and radio he said he CAN repair them!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Hopefully this guy isn't b.s.'n me but it might be a step in the helpfull direction. :cheers

·
Registered
3,541 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
BigNick, the only way to get the dead pedal is by purchasing the entire carpet kit!!! GM has released a part # but there is no availability and no price yet. Thanks for the inquiry, if you need anything else let me know!
Derf - I havn't got the parts for the brake kit figured out yet(waiting on tech info from GM :willy: )as soon as I do I will post the kit price!!!!BTW are you coming to the Feb 19th NTGTO meeting at Alan Young????? Email me and let me know. [email protected] :cheers

·
Registered
307 Posts
So I take it the dead pedal is molded into the carpet, glued on top of it, or somehow not a separate piece.

I guess I will have to wait for an aftermarket part, or go the "two cut 2x4 pieces" route that was posted here some time ago.

It sucks that Pontiac was too much in a hurry to put one of these in the '04 models.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Radio

GTODEALER said:
I talked to my repair source and if you can get me the #'s off the back of your cluster and radio he said he CAN repair them!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Hopefully this guy isn't b.s.'n me but it might be a step in the helpfull direction. :cheers

I have no way of removing the radio, unfortunately, I will try to get by an aftermarket place with the removal tool and see if they would remove to get numbers this weekend,,Thanks for your help,,,mine is STONE dead, no clock,no display whatsoever, no noise, so maybe just a broken wire or bad connection where it sockets in back there,,,I will work on numbers,,

·
Registered
88 Posts
Problems

GTODEALER said:
Just let me know, more than glad to help! Are you still having the other problems?? :cheers

No, the dead rear window defogger,no a/c, no lights on heating/ac were all caused by bad connections, so they are fixed. All I need is a new speedo cluster(mine only shows 3/4 of the number or letter) & Radio!

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.