Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If this topic has been addressed already, I apologize; just point me to the thread.

Has anyone tried the ceramic acoustic and heat insulating paint by Hy-Tech called SC#1000? Here is the web page.

Sound Deadening vibration reducing coating

I found the product when I was doing a search for reviews of Lizardskin and this product, rather the company, was recommended over Lizardskin. One reason is you can just buy the ceramic beads and mix them in whatever paint or primer you want. The other reason is their product SC#1000 is specifically designed for stopping noise and heat. The only drawback is it only comes in white so it would have to be top coated if it is in an area that is visible. It is also tintable. I have made a couple of calls to the company and this product can be top coated with any water based latex product. You can even prime your trunk, paint on this stuff, then splatter paint (since it is water based), then clear coat. So know you have protected your trunk, insolated it for sound and heat, and you were able to keep the stock looking splatter paint without having silver foil stuck everywhere.

So I am just wondering if anyone has tried it and what is your opinion of the product?

Thanks,
Dale

·
Registered
475 Posts
If this topic has been addressed already, I apologize; just point me to the thread.

Has anyone tried the ceramic acoustic and heat insulating paint by Hy-Tech called SC#1000? Here is the web page.

Sound Deadening vibration reducing coating

I found the product when I was doing a search for reviews of Lizardskin and this product, rather the company, was recommended over Lizardskin. One reason is you can just buy the ceramic beads and mix them in whatever paint or primer you want. The other reason is their product SC#1000 is specifically designed for stopping noise and heat. The only drawback is it only comes in white so it would have to be top coated if it is in an area that is visible. It is also tintable. I have made a couple of calls to the company and this product can be top coated with any water based latex product. You can even prime your trunk, paint on this stuff, then splatter paint (since it is water based), then clear coat. So know you have protected your trunk, insolated it for sound and heat, and you were able to keep the stock looking splatter paint without having silver foil stuck everywhere.

So I am just wondering if anyone has tried it and what is your opinion of the product?

Thanks,
Dale
dont know about this but i see the are hyping insulating house paint. that is bogus so who knows about the car stuff.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts