Pontiac GTO Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was just given one as a gift, they said they ordered it for a 68 , but the face doesn’t fit through the hole in the dash, I was told is was a direct bolt in fit, really don’t want to cut up the dash to make the radio fit! Anyone got one?? pics? Have they possibly sent wrong face? As radio is all in pieces, face screws to body of radio, knob arms are on adjustable brackets etc. any help would be greatly appreciated

· Registered
3 Posts
Oh it’s a retro sound Daytona
I have a 68 convertible. I researched and sourced a "Custom Autosound" model USA 740 that also claimed no cut. BUT the dash face I have, had the small square bar at the bottom of the radio cutout for the OEM AM radio, which I had. After research and discussion, I cut just that bar off the bottom of the hole above the black painted lower section.
For me the car is a driver and keeper, I liked the radio and features for the cost. I also upgraded the dash speaker to a retrofit double speaker of theirs. I am pleased with the look, function and sound for what i was willing to spend. It would take an expert to see the slight trim notch that the radio face sits in.

· Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ok, thanks, did you have an original radio before hand, been scours the web, trying to zoom in on the radio ( any radio) to see if the face protrudes through the dash, or sits behind it, Cannot tell with stock photos!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts