Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got a call today from the local branch in town notifying me they have a different auto policy writer now (still Allstate company, tho). And since I'm up for renewal this month, they could review my policy. They were able to actually improve my coverage for my 2 trucks and cut my rate in half from what it used to be! I went from paying just over $800 every six months to $404!!! So if you've got Allstate and are up for renewal soon, it wouldn't hurt to call them and see what's up. Not sure if this is regional or for all customers, but for savings like that, it doesn't hurt to ask.

Wonder how the price will change when I drop my good truck and put the coming goat on the policy?? :confused

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have 5 cars (including 2 classics) and a Harley through State farm and it's under $100.00/mo. :cheers
Holy hell, my two trucks and Harley run just over $100 a month now after this huge discount. I'm completely anti State Farm, tho, after they boned a lot of people, myself included, with renters and home owners policies after Katrina when I was stationed in MS. Hopefully my insurance will go down again after a few things come off it. Mainly the $4000 claim because a deer didn't like how straight and dent-free the drivers side doors and bed of my truck were, so he figured he'd change that for me.

·
Administrator
323 Posts
You guys defiantly pay less for insurance down there, I have 1 car. no claims, no tickets and I pay 280/month.

·
Super Moderator
8,433 Posts
My 2005 GTO my 2002 Trans-Am WS.6 and '70 GTO I have through Grundy for agreed value Collector Car Insurance:
05 GTO 280.00
2002 Trans-AM 252.00
1970 GTO 237.75

All cars have plenty of agreed value and they appreciate on average so far 2% a year

UNLIMITED miles. and away from home out of pocket coverage and motel expenses in event of a break down..... NO Allstate here.

Full coverage with ERIE
2004 Grand-AM 508
07 Dodge Ram 4x4 553

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
are those prices every 6 months or annually? annually, the grand am and truck are pretty good. if that's 6 months, seems a little steep.

·
Registered
240 Posts
Thanks for the heads up, 6. I've had Allstate for years. When I left Long Island and moved out here to Amish country, my policy for 2 vehicles went from $200/month to $60/month. I don't have my Lemans on the road yet so I don't know what that'll cost.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts