Pontiac GTO Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got my 05 GTO (Midnight Blue/Black A4, 18" rims) back in December. The problem is now that when I drive my other car (03 Pont Vibe), it feels like it has lost some power recently (not that it had much to lose in the first place). Now I realize this is probably due to the fact that I am subconsciously comparing it to my GTO which has more than 3x the hp, but I was just wondering if anyone else has had this same problem.

·
Registered
305 Posts
Yes, I have exactly the same problem.

Try this: Next time you take someone for a ride, watch their head movement out of the corner of your eye when you shift. Because you're so used to the power, your head doesn't move while theirs is going back and forth like a woodpecker. That alone is a good demonstration of the force with which you are acclerating due to the horespower.

A couple months back I had the misfortune of crossing paths with a couple trees in my goat. In the repair shop for a month while I drove a base Chevy Malibu. When I got the goat back, it felt like the monster it did when I first took the test drive.

Because of this, I kick around the idea of renting a 100 hp piece of crap and driving it for a few days every time I feel like I need more power. It's definitely a nice reality check when you hop back in the GTO

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Glad you got your goat back.
I have to say I do appreciate the power every time I start the engine of the GTO, and I'm always a little depressed when I'm starting my Vibe since it is not the GTO. I don't think I will be able to buy another economical car again.

·
Registered
58 Posts
i use to have the same problem but with my truck and my bike, i would ride my busa then get in my truck and it was like driving a 3 cly. geo metro. i haven't drivin the bike since i have goten the goat so i'm wondering how the goat will feel after riding the bike.

·
Registered
233 Posts
My wife has a 03 Grand am Gt I use to think was pretty quick. Now when I drive it I feel like wheres the power.:D

·
Registered
16 Posts
Same thing here as well. When I drive my wife’s 02 Miata (auto), I notice my foot is to the floor all the time and it still won't deliver the same head snapping acceleration as "conservative" acceleration in the goat. Also, when my wife is riding in my car, she always complains about getting a headache because her head keeps getting snapped back.

·
Super Moderator
8,433 Posts
I have a 1988 Toyota 4Runner I ordered new in 88'. I've driven it 97K miles. Since driving my goat, I find myself (when driving my 4Runner) almost putting my foot through the firewall because I am so used to the clutch of the goat. Also, since the configuration of the 6th gear being in the back position on the GTO, and reverse in the 4Runner being in the same location, I have (more than a few times) found myself going from 5th to attempting to go in reverse while driving my 4Runner.
That doesn't work real well.:rolleyes:

·
Registered
3 Posts
Squidward said:
Stangeater, I'm in the same boat as you, my truck feels like a total slug after a few days riding my 'Busa ('05 LE), but the GTO still feels pretty quick no matter what I just got out or off of.:agree
yeah I'm interested to see how I ride my duc now that I'm gonna get my GTO... hehe I'm thinking that no tickets this year is gonna be just wishful thinking :rolleyes:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.