Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a pulse red GTO yesterday and the dealer said I qualify for $700 allowance on New hood GM P/N 92181117, new grill inserts P/N 12499616 and spoiler P/N 12499666. Dealer want's $1400 for parts less $700. Problem is nobody can tell me what the parts even look like. Anyone have any info. I assueme they're the 2005 parts. If so, is this a good deal?

·
Registered
386 Posts
mhaass said:
I just bought a pulse red GTO yesterday and the dealer said I qualify for $700 allowance on New hood GM P/N 92181117, new grill inserts P/N 12499616 and spoiler P/N 12499666. Dealer want's $1400 for parts less $700. Problem is nobody can tell me what the parts even look like. Anyone have any info. I assueme they're the 2005 parts. If so, is this a good deal?
hmmm, very interesting. Here are the grills, hood, and spoiler. see next post

·
Registered
74 Posts
Do the grills fit a stock 04 front clip?

·
Registered
74 Posts
It was only 2!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the photo's. I asked three dealers and none could supply them. I think it would be worth the $700 and $700 Allowance to have oringinal GM parts. I believe they will still need to be painted though. Any comments?

A

·
0 Posts
At that price it is a steal. Buy it. if you don't want it I will buy it from you.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Has anyone actually purchased these parts??

Specifically, has anyone successfully obtained these three parts for $700, or for that matter any other price? The P/N for the grill insert and spoiler are active, but not the P/N for the hood.

mhaass said:
The dealer who sold me my car said that they had not processed any orders for these parts.

Does anyone know with certainty if this particular hood (P/N 92181117) is a unique part to retrofit to the '04? Is it an '05 hood that will exactly fit the '04?

Does anyone actually have a dealer who says they can get the hood?

Any information appreciated. Thanks

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The Ponitac Western regional manager is having a meeting today to get answers to the dealer I bought the car from. One thing I know is you have to buy the parts with the new car to get the $700 allowance. I've asked at least four dealers for answers and have got none. The hood P/N is not active yet. I will keep you posted.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I ordered parts today. The kits are in Salt Lake City GM will begine shipping mid next week. I got mine for $800 + $700 GM allowance including shipping and tax.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Details please.

mhaass said:
I ordered parts today. The kits are in Salt Lake City GM will begine shipping mid next week. I got mine for $800 + $700 GM allowance including shipping and tax.
Can you clarify if you ordered these parts separately, as a kit, or as the accessory package? Details, please?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts