Pontiac GTO Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I've got about 500 miles on my 06 (lovin every mile). I've been reading about plenty of mods folks do. Here is my question/discussion item; are there really any mods that you have to do to address any inferior design? I just use the car as a daily driver, dont really beat on it, mostly crusin around. Very happy with the power, love the sound and happy with the handling. So should I be touching anything? Or is there some lurking design flaw that I need to address?

·
Registered
83 Posts
Well, most of my GTO is being repainted right now due to some "clearcoat contamination issues"...so if you haven't done so yet, I'd inspect every single square inch of your paint and if you see ANY flaws at all, get it back to the dealer and have them take care of it.

I'm glad to know that the new paint job on my GTO will be warranted for as long as I own the car...just in case that problem ever surfaces again.

·
Registered
160 Posts
A couple must do's:

1) CAGS eliminator
2) Autodim rearview with compass and temp
3) GMM RipShift (my next mod - the sloppy shifts of the stock tranny are starting to piss me off - so sick of missing gears and loooooooooooong throws)

Slightly less than "must do"

1) Better tires
2) CAI
3) Radar Detector

·
Registered
388 Posts
I was going to make the CAGS eliminator my first real mod, but I'm sick and tired of having to wind this thing up to make sure I don't get embarrased by a mini-van while I start a shift in one county and end it in the next. Nerf-bat? I was thinking more of like trying to shift with a salami. The GMM rip shifter will be on order as soon as I find a job.

I could handle an auto-dimming rear view, but don't do that much night driving. I also know how hot it is outside and what direction I'm heading(most of the time), so I won't be replacing the rear-view anytime soon. That's just me though.

Other than that, turn the gain up to max on the amp, and from the setup menu disable the DDL and the speed determined volume. I also purchased a non-skid matt for my trunk. I drink beer in bottles, so picking up a 12-pack and driving home with it was a nerve-racking experience until I got the non skid. The image below will show you the location of the amp and my non-skid.

·
Registered
8 Posts
RipTheSix said:
Is this paint problem a big problem? Is it a 05 problem?
I have an 06 and I'm having paint issues. I'm taking it to the dealer tomorrow and I hope they will not try to get out of it.
I have like, a 1 foot by 1/2 foot discoloration on my fender. Looks like something splattered on it, but that is not the case. My car has not even seen the rain.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.