Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I need two 68 gto turn lens and found these instead. They look identical but have different part numbers. Would GM or whoever make two versions of the same fixture but have them 1/4" smaller and therefore not interchange?

One is a GTO the other is bonneville

Attachments

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yes left and right but that's not the issue. they fit different cars one is a GTO the other a Bonneville. I am trying to understand why Delco would make 2 different light assemblies both 1 year specific in 1968 and they be next to identical or identical with different part numbers. I can buy the Bonneville set cheaper but I cant tell if they cross reference.

·
Registered
727 Posts
Delco (or any supplier, for that matter) made what the Motor Divisions specified.
If Pontiac released two different parts for production, that's what was produced.

In this case, if the metal housing fits the lens and the lens fits the valence panel, you could probably get away with it.

Is there a noticeable difference in the lens/refractor pattern or in the position of the bulb relative to the lens?

Is one of them for the "cornering lamp" option?

I would have guessed that the Bonneville part would be larger and wouldn't fit the Tempest/LeMans/GTO valence panel.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts