Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
558 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody know what that stalk coming out the right side of my steering column does?

·
Registered
558 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
C'mon! I can't stand the suspense! I mean, is it for, like, heat-seeking missles or something? Radar? Ejection seat? Oil slick?

·
Registered
2,100 Posts
You mean the windshield wiper stalk? The one I've had to use the last 10 days straight -- with another 10 straight days forecast? Blaaaaaaah.

Our weather in the San Francisco Bay Area stinks right now. Cloudy and wet -- but not enough rain to give everything a good soaking. Just enough to get your car slopped up when driving around.

Then again, 50 miles north of here people are getting pummeled with floods and mudslides -- so it's good to keep things in perspective.

·
Registered
558 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeesh. Sorry to hear about all the slop.

Actually, our drought may--may--end this week. Some of the bolder forecasters think your California clouds may survive the trek across the desert this week. We'll see.

·
Registered
2,100 Posts
Can't believe you guys haven't gotten anything yet. Was talking to a supplier in Tiajuana, Mexico last week and they were getting dumped on big time.

·
Registered
400 Posts
Yup, I've got a new set of wiper blades waiting to go once it actually STARTS raining...

I thougt of a cool invention/patent that would just be awesome for AZ drivers. Imagine a mechanisim that lifted the wiper blade off of the windshield when the wipers were not in use. 98% of the time, the main reason I'm chainging my wipers is because they haven't been used for so long, the AZ heat and the pressure of being forced on the windshield, bends the rubber into a new position that doesn't work worth a damn.

·
Registered
558 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Justice said:
Imagine a mechanisim that lifted the wiper blade off of the windshield when the wipers were not in use.
Very interesting. I think the rear wiper on my wife's GMC Envoy does that, but not the front.

Seriously, I do forget how the wiper stalk works. The only time I ever use it is to clear the water off after I've washed the car, and even then I accidentally activate the washers about half the time.

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
Droughts are not funny; just read people were watering their cacti- - -now that's dry conditions!

On the other hand, lots of good old collectible cars come out of Arizona- - -no rain, no rust!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts