Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello GTO folks,

My buddy lives in Southern Arizona. He sent me these pics about 15 minutes ago. He said that this car is hidden from sight, and it's in the back yard of his neighbor across the street. Said an old lady owns the home. What can you all tell me about this car from the pics? To me...I see that it's got a big block, and a manual transmission. Any input?

Attachments

·
Registered
3,842 Posts
Hello GTO folks,

My buddy lives in Southern Arizona. He sent me these pics about 15 minutes ago. He said that this car is hidden from sight, and it's in the back yard of his neighbor across the street. Said an old lady owns the home. What can you all tell me about this car from the pics? To me...I see that it's got a big block, and a manual transmission. Any input?
1968 with BB Chevy.

·
Registered
677 Posts
vinyl top
a/c
power drum brakes with a vacuum leak
wrong shifter
aftermarket gauges ... probably doesnt have rally gauges
tinted glass
kinked hood at drivers hinge

I would buy if I found it

·
Registered
31 Posts
it appears to be '68 is the tailights in the bumper or 1/2 way out? Must be 396 to 454 Chevy. A/C is gone I would like to own the tranny . I know a guy looking for a solid 68 body and turned one down for $9,000.00.

·
64-67 Expert
8,561 Posts
Neat car, original Verdoro Green paint. Would cost more to restore than the end product would be worth. Could be a fun project if the frame and lower body is rust free and the price was right (less than 4k).

·
Registered
11 Posts
The one advantage I can see to a car like this is that if it's from Southern AZ there won't be a ton of rust to repair. Having said that there could be some surprises under that vinyl top. If'n it was me I'd make sure I really wanted a '68 GTO before I started cause it's gonna take a lot to restore it. The good news it that pretty much everything is available after market.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts