Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Saw a yellow 2004 as I was leaving work tonight. It had the plate 2004GTO. Is that anyone here? It was on Greenfield between University and Main, in Mesa, and it turned onto Main.

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
Saw a yellow 2004 as I was leaving work tonight. It had the plate 2004GTO. Is that anyone here? It was on Greenfield between University and Main, in Mesa, and it turned onto Main.
At the risk of offending others here, I always wonder why people go to the trouble and expense of a vanity plate, only to put their cars name on it.

Different strokes, I guess- - -but I like to think of something funny, provocative, or otherwise- - after all, most cars have the cars name all over the car. The GTO for example has it in big letters right below this guys plate.

:confused

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
At the risk of offending others here, I always wonder why people go to the trouble and expense of a vanity plate, only to put their cars name on it.

Different strokes, I guess- - -but I like to think of something funny, provocative, or otherwise- - after all, most cars have the cars name all over the car. The GTO for example has it in big letters right below this guys plate.

:confused

Yep seems alittle silly to me too. I suppose everyone has their own taste in these things. I am still trying to figure out what plate I'm going to order. I thought about GETEOH but realized it looked like GHETTO which would probably not be too good.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yep seems alittle silly to me too. I suppose everyone has their own taste in these things. I am still trying to figure out what plate I'm going to order. I thought about GETEOH but realized it looked like GHETTO which would probably not be too good.

I ended up getting my plates in the mail today. Since the dealer couldn't order personalized plates I had to wait for them. I went ahead and did an online search for available plates here in Arizona. I ended up going with my original plan, PC4STOP. That will either get me pulled over more or less. I haven't decided yet.

Everything else I thought of I knew would cause problems.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Call me simple, but I do not get CEEP-UP. Please explain.

As for having the car's name on the plate, it may be a good thing since 99% of the general public thinks that our cars are a Grand Prix, G6 or worse.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts