Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,626 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Was out riding around when i got flaged down by some guys rolling up a blunt. Dude in the firebird said " i want to run you" me " ok" went down a few blocks with a nice str8 road about a good 3/4 of a mile.

Round 1: We line up. my cuts or closed. he said 1,2,3 and he gets the jump. so he is about a car ahead and keeps it til about 75 when i start to reel him in. at about 125 i take the lead and keep pulling to 140. He said " wow that sure got a lot of top end". me "what mods do you have?" him " headers and CAI. what do you have?" me " Magnaflow catback and CAI and electronic cut-outs" he "thats what the WHAAAAAAAAAAA sound i heard when you past me?" me "no the cuts was closed on that run"

Round 2: I do a burn out to heat the tires (should have got better traction on round one) so does he. He told me to cout it off. i open the cut-outs and honk off 3 i got a great launch this time and had him by a car by 40 and just got wors till 125 when i let off with 6 cars ahead.

Said he just got the car and want to get a chip and a tune and he will be ready for me next time. I told him he had a very strong LT1. thumbs up all around. I better get me a tune soon. it look like the pic below but in blue vert. if the pic does not show, look at the link below the red x

Slow LT1 - Crystal Lake, Illinois

·
formerly NJGoat
1,844 Posts
Congrats, you better get her tuned. Looks like he will be looking out for ya.

·
Registered
3,445 Posts
You see some guys rolling a blunt and you stop, what are you thinking????

Then these guys want to race you and you do, what are you thinking????

Nice kill, but pick your battles a little smarter EEZ.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts