Pontiac GTO Forum banner

AS$HOLES SELLING THINGS!

2540 Views 73 Replies 15 Participants Last post by  Bopman
One thing we all do is SHOP!

Everyone here is a consumer, and we're always looking for performance parts, repair parts, maintenance parts, and old PONTIAC parts! We used to only have the classified ads and the Ames catalogue... and then ebay came along, which was a game changer!

It gave us access to everything, everywhere... and for the first 15 years we had it, it was glorious! All of the sudden, you could get whatever you wanted, whenever you wanted it. It also carried a fair amount of guarantees and protection... but then it became more about money than it did about integrity, and once that happened, Craigslist picked up the ball. And following their success, Facebook Marketplace got in on the action.

Same concept as ebay, once again, the doorway to parts was wide open, but all of the protection was now gone.

Sellers quickly realized that they could do and say whatever they wanted, and so they did. And even though all 50 states have laws against deceptive selling, no state enforces those laws... To add insult to injury, Craigslist and FB Marketplace have no customer service, and no complaint department, so when you do get screwed, your only recourse is to cry and learn your lesson.

Well, hopefully by now, you have learned how to spot these crooks in advance, and if you have, you're in luck! Now you finally have some recourse... You can come here and expose them for the as$holes that they truly are.

Ive been running a thread like this for awhile, and it's usually very educational and quite comical. So, next time your shopping and you spot a scam, screen-shot it and post it here! Maybe you'll help out our fellow members, or maybe you'll spit your coffee on your monitor, but either way, it's a worthy cause.
  • Helpful
Reactions: 5
21 - 40 of 74 Posts
evil only prevails when good men do nothing.
Yep, sheeple, pasificst, tree huggers, and those who would rather bend over than resist (and we seem to have a rash of men who would rather bend over anyway).
  • Haha
Super busy ;)
Ahhh come on help the guy out ! 🤣🤣🤣
Reactions: 4
My uncle used to say "How can I learn ya, when all you do is forget?"
  • Love
  • Haha
I'll tell you whats rare about it, the owner. He's the only idiot on Earth who would paint a Pontiac engine red
  • Haha
Reactions: 3
I'll tell you whats rare about it, the owner. He's the only idiot on Earth who would paint a Pontiac engine red
Hey now 😳
See less See more
  • Haha
Yes, I'm well aware of your red engine GTO! But then again, you werent on the internet trying to sell it as a limited edition, unmolested car.
  • Love
Plus, yours is more orange... like a canadian pontiac!
well for free i would take it even if it had a briggs and stratton engine in it.
  • Haha
W
Was trying match the car paint, gotta love the big Accel coil and no label 🤣
Reactions: 2
W
Was trying match the car paint, gotta love the big Accel coil and no label 🤣
Reactions: 1
Damn spotty internet 🤦‍♂️
  • Haha
Damn spotty internet 🤦‍♂️
when is your next trip down the track? is the rear gear working smooth?
when is your next trip down the track? is the rear gear working smooth?
So far so good but I only have about 35 miles on it so far, not going until the end of October when all the shows are done.
i think they should have just let the pics. speak for themselves. i didn't realize i have been driving like new vehicles all my life.
  • Haha
Reactions: 2
Worst part of this entire post is the phrase "rare piece". Every time I here that wording applied to anything old, I throw up in my own mouth a little bit.
  • Haha

The extra cracks are for traction. I did not know I was such a fine painter. I missed my calling at Earl Scheib

99.99 all day long
  • Haha
21 - 40 of 74 Posts