Pontiac GTO Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Not sure what the part number is but I ordered mine through my dealer. I paid around $80 for it and then couldn't install it myself. Took the car to the dealer and they charged me another $80 for the install. Most expensive ashtray I've ever owned, but, I sure do like it. It replaces the little storage slot under the radio and looks just like it. You push on the front and the whole thing slides out...even lighted for nighttime.

·
Registered
85 Posts
When I got mine I asked the sales guy about that and he said if I wanted it they would take care of it for me. Probably just depends on the dealership and the sales guy. I opted not to get it, just because its such a gorgeous car, I don't want to stink it up with smoke and ash.

·
Registered
590 Posts
I thought it would be provided for and installed at no additional cost :confused

at least that's what the manual kind of leads you to believe.

·
Registered
87 Posts
GlennH said:
Not sure what the part number is but I ordered mine through my dealer. I paid around $80 for it and then couldn't install it myself. Took the car to the dealer and they charged me another $80 for the install. Most expensive ashtray I've ever owned, but, I sure do like it. It replaces the little storage slot under the radio and looks just like it. You push on the front and the whole thing slides out...even lighted for nighttime.
Is there a cigarette lighter included with the ashtray? I don't smoke but I would like to have a 12 v outlet at the front of the console in addition to the one in the storage area. If you do have a lighter, is it on all the time or only with the ignition on?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.