Pontiac GTO Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know how this hooks up? Is a clip broken off end of light possibly? All this wiring is factory. Does this light gain power from dash circuit? I do have one open spot left in dash circuit and the wire clearly grounds on bottom of ashtray base.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,501 Posts
Hey hey ....

as I mentioned in an earlier chat on the phone "its a fiber optic cable "

some 68 GTO's even had that option to the ignition switch to alluminate at night

it plugs in up on the cluster where you thought you were missing the bulb n socket ...

upper right corner of the cluster looking from the front 1 oclock on the speedo

your unit is all there .. should work if not kinked at the clip it goes under on the

ash tray housing finger ...

did your/my parts box make it to Marks ?

Scott

·
Registered
64 Posts
Hey hey ....

as I mentioned in an earlier chat on the phone "its a fiber optic cable "

some 68 GTO's even had that option to the ignition switch to alluminate at night

it plugs in up on the cluster where you thought you were missing the bulb n socket ...

upper right corner of the cluster looking from the front 1 oclock on the speedo

your unit is all there .. should work if not kinked at the clip it goes under on the

ash tray housing finger ...

did your/my parts box make it to Marks ?

Scott
Hi Scott. The other end of my ashtray light fell
And I can’t tell from this post or looking at my cluster where it would plug into. If I’m looking at the back of my cluster there are no open slots for the light. You had written “upper right corner of the cluster looking from the front 1 oclock on the speedo”. When I look at the 1 o’clock position on the speedo that spot it taken by a black socket.

·
Registered
1,501 Posts
they are a white socket usually

the fiber optic has a brass? coupler to hold it to the socket at a good angle to accept the light source...

I have spares if you need one I can mail ya

yes looking from the drivers seat it is the upper right bulbnsocket above the speedo

any ?? give me a ringaroo 2 zero 6 465 9one 65 8am-9pm pacific time

Scott T

1 - 4 of 4 Posts