Pontiac GTO Forum banner

Asked before, but looking for selling opinions

1K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  xconcepts 
#1 ·
Not really in need to sell but was asked about what I might sell for. I'm still in Japan until next May and have been working on a twin turbo build as well. Not saying I will sell, but what be the price you would see at in the same situation?

66 Pontiac GTO. Original 389 tripower (was originally a 4 barrel), rebuilt in June 2013 with forged pistons. 4 speed manual, 3.55 rearend. Repainted in 2014 to original burgundy. Stock drum brakes all around, no ac, no power steering. Using MSD ignition box and drop in distributor. 3 core aluminum radiator with electric fan. I have the stock radiator and fan to go back to belt driven. 100a alternator, single wire, red top optima battery. Oil changes have been done every 6 months, only ran on premium fuel. New paint done in April 2014, original color. AM radio has new internals to allow AM/FM/AUX. Kick panels have been replaced with panels with kicker component speakers. Still have stock kick panels. Currently running 2 crossfire amps, 1 for fronts, 1 for rear 6x9s in rear dash. Original interior with bucket seats. . Original center console, with original Hurst shifter. Added rpm gauge in empty gauge location, added oil, water, voltage gauge under radio. Only interior items that have been replaced are the rear dash pad, headliner, door seals. Minor issues on interior: rear seat side panel minor tear, rear window handle broken (have replacement), chip around ignition on wood panel, center console door loose. Entire floor has been heat/sound deadened, under carpet. No rust anywhere.

Attachments

See less See more
#5 ·
People overvalue their cars, so rather than get frustrated b/c no one is willing to pay what you want ..... keep it. If you do sell it, 6 months later you will be telling yourself it was a mistake. I can't tell you how many times I have heard " I should have keep it". To answer your question, IMO its a $23k car.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.