Pontiac GTO Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
558 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
To my my LSU-loving, GTO-driving brethren, from a dyed-in-the-wool Sun Devils fan:

Congratulations on an amazing win Saturday night. I've been attending ASU games since I was a kid, and for the past 21 years I've made it to every single home game, bar none.

In all that time, this has to be one of the more unusual games I've ever seen, considering that the Tigers were the designated "home team," even though the game took place in Sun Devil Stadium instead of your beloved "Death Valley," aka Tiger Stadium. On behalf of ASU fans everywhere, we were happy to be Baton Rouge-West for the weekend.

I've also loved the Tigers since I was a kid. My mother's from Louisiana, and her brother was a professor at LSU. He also earned his doctorate there. When I was a little boy, my uncle gave me a mini football autographed by Charlie McClendon. I remember crying my eyes out that same year when LSU lost their bowl game.

As tough as it was for ASU to lose this back-and-forth game, I'm happy to know how much cheer it must've brought Louisianans. In my newspaper on Sunday morning there was a photo of an LSU fan at the game holding up a sign that read, "I may have lost my home, but I still have my Tigers." That wiped away any residual post-loss angst I may have had.

Go Devils! And Geaux Tigers! I think both squads have great things ahead of them this year.

·
Registered
558 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yep, it definitely was exciting. I'm only now getting my voice back.

Now if the Tigers can just proceed to knock the snot out of everyone else on their schedule, I'll feel better about the close loss!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.