Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,217 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I am not one of the lucky ones with a huge garage :( just a little single car. I had to build this car at my friends ex-wifes (awkward) which was about 15 miles away. So now that my driving season is almost over I started looking for a rental spot closer to my house, and I found some - heres a tip to anyone advertising a garage to rent- IT HAS TO BE AVAILABLE THE DAY YOU POST YOUR AD- it makes it that much easier for the prospective renter. So after dealing with 4 Craigslist nit wits that dont understand that I want to rent NOW I figured I better solve this myself- Now I dont have the time or funding to build a 2 story 3 car garage to house all my stuff so I rented a 20' steel shipping container.It costs $59 a month+ a $75 delivery fee. Spent this weekend building a shelf in it and filling it with my bikes and all the other junk in my garage to make room for the goat. Well she fits in quite nicely and I sleep very soundly knowing shes safe and secure about 30' away from me:D

Attachments

·
Premium Member
4,703 Posts
Nice and secure! Unfortunately, in some places (like Long Island) you are "not allowed" to keep a shipping container on residential property! Or my skid steer would have a home....:cheers :willy: Eric

·
Registered
76 Posts
Smart idea - after doing it for several years, I'm not a fan of storing a car away from home if you can avoid it at all. It's a hassle, causes you to put the car away early in the fall and you will get some dings/dents if they shoehorn them in like most places do.

Do you have the room/means/funds to put a good sized shed in your future plans? I built a 12x20 shed a few years back with a barn style open-attic roof, which was great to get all the "junk" and car parts out of the garage and use it strictly for parking car(s). Originally it was just the Monte, but I've been shoehorning the GTO in there as well for the last year or so :) It's a tight squeeze in a 1.5 car garage, but I can still walk along the cupboards and get around after some re-organization :)

Attachments

·
Registered
273 Posts
crusty this is why I live out in the country. I have a 30x40 shop with 16 ft walls, and a 20x30 2 story man cave/apartment attached. I sleep well at night. I also keep security cameras on my property as the lemans is not my only "baby"

·
Registered
81 Posts
It is tough to squeeze all of the stuff and the cars in the same space.
I built this 20x40 garage to keep the two cars and the RV. My wife and I can park our daily cars in the other 2 car garage. Great in the winter. The coronet is the wifes Car. Oh, and the boat, too.

Attachments

1 - 7 of 7 Posts